McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I officially started cutting firewood today. I cut up 2 oak logs and got 1 split before i ran out of daylight. I dont need much this year. Wr barely burnt wood last year here. It was too warm most days. Ill get what i need and be done. However i decided to get a big saw out for the sound of it!! Sp125. It started right up and ran great. What a machine that is. I had those 2 logs cut up into rounds in less than 20 minutes. They werent small either. Not giant though too. 22-24 inch diameter red oak. It was fun.

Mac 450:

How do I assemble the bottom end such that I don't destroy the PTO side crank seal? The crank has a bit of a sharp edge, (I'm experimenting with the old seal). I can work the seal on pretty easy with the crank removed but I'm a little worried about installing the seal and then just pressing the crank straight into it....

Do I install the seal into the cylinder first? Or after the crank is installed? The service manual says to use some kind of seal protector cap...do I put a wrap of electrical tape around the edge on the crank?

The last thing I want to do is tear my new seal...

1000009919.jpg1000009920.jpg

Latest posts

Back