009 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihltech

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a muffler last night. Using what I have learned here so far, I think there is 10 HP trapped in there:D .
Should be able to start opening it up today. Now , can I get a 20 inch bar on this thing?
Optimism is a wonderful thing.

I pulled the dirty SA screen out and it helped a bit, it's still a dog though.
Mine is a 009L

I say just do away with the muffler and restrictive air filter :D

I think I found the secret to hopping up an 009: Remove the restrictive muffler, air filter, carb, piston, crankcase, cylinder, fuel and oil tanks, and handles. Replace with same from an 046. :D

Actually am the proud owner of an 011aveq...

009 stihl

Hello Stihltech,
A fellow I was modifing a 394 husky gave me a 009. It had a broken rubber piece on the handle. I'd never been inside one before so took it apart to look at. that little saw is built pretty well inside, anyway since I had it apartI raised all the port a bit and modified the muffler. well we didn't get ten hp more but that little son of a stihl really cranked, must have at least 1-1.5 hp more. anyway gave it to my welder buddy that does my aluminum welding. he also does wood carving at the local fairs and such. now he loves to carve with it and also uses it for little jobs in his woodlot. but he says its his best saw because whenever its slow at his carving booth he just fires it up and cuts a bit and the people just collect around. they just have to know all the particulars about a little saw like that can cut so fast and make so darn much noise.
kd

I looked closer today. Plenty of baffling inside to do away with, but you are still left with that small outlet. It can be opened some, but not a whole lot. Sould I look for another place to outlet, or will this be enough for the cc's with the internal baffles gone.
You would think they could at least match the exhaust gasket to the port.

how bout some pics?

Stihltech,
this would be a good chance to take some before and after pics so we can see what you do to that lil beast. :)

009 muffler

hello stiltech,
On the additional port the combined total area of the two ports should be 1.25-1.5 times greater in area than the port at the piston size of the exhaust duct. yes your correct on the gasket and muffler openings, they need to be as big or bigger than the opening on the barrel. it is amazing how much of a mismatch they have at times. happy grinding.
ken

Latest posts

Back