Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTreeSpyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
i have just bought a running 019, but just to take wear off 009's and 020's some for $50.

But they are the worst Stihls i have ever owned. i have 2 for parts.

Don't think they would make a good tire chock or boat anchor even!

What do you guys think?

They do make an attractive centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner.
Too fragile for a tire chock, and they float as a boat anchor

you could hang em around the neck of you llama like a cow bell...umm, naw, my bad, plastic don't clang does it?:)

It's a good saw for the newbie groundie who you wouldn't trust cutting a limb in half for the chipper. Just turn the chain around backwards just in case he actually gets it started!

the idea behind the 019 was to build a saw here in the USA that would be a good low cost climber. did not turn out to be too much. hard to replace those 020t's but they are over priced.
marty

yep, it was a good idea but it didn't pan out. I think the air filter system had too many leaks. Every one I get back has a piston worn on the intake side. Haven't convinced me to sell any more yet. The 020T is expensive, but just try to get a tree guy to get rid of one. Not in these parts.

You can have my MS200T,When you pry my cold dead fingers off of it! Or was that
Sawed off fingers Hmmmmm.:D

When I worked for the city, had one idiot use the same saw every day for 2 WEEKS with the chain backwards! He didn't even notice! He was hired about the same time I was, and when he got his annual raise the same as me I quit and went to work for a REAL tree company!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back