028 fuel line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihltech

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the 028 fuel line is nla from still, wondering if anyone has tried the original straight hose from an 026?
Slightly longer, but not so much as to impead fuel flow.
Anyone tried it and had issues?

Hold the tomatoes. Just asking.

Since the 028 fuel line is nla from still, wondering if anyone has tried the original straight hose from an 026?

I have taken a drill bit and opened the hole in the tank to work for whatever fuel line I had.
I apologize for not knowing exactly which one. 026, 036 , whichever. Pretty sure it was not straight.
Not sure that if it matters, if it seals at the tank opening.

As I recall the difference between the old and new is that the older had an 8mm tank opening while the newer had 10mm. Every saw that I have rebuilt that had an 8mm hose got upgraded to a 10mm one.

Every one of them that I put a fuel line gets the tank drilled and a modern line like what fits the MS260 installed. No problems yet.
The only fuel like issues I have seen with the modern line in the 028 is when someone managed to shove it in the existing hole without drilling it out. It squeezed the line down and impeded fuel flow.

I have them both. Just wondering if anyone else tried it sucessfully.

I really can't imagine why it would make any difference.. If the 026 is somewhat longer the weight of the filter will just pull it down to whichever corner. And, it would be logical to assume that they began to mold them in to and "s" for that purpose.

I have used them in about any combination and have yet to hear a complaint about running out of gas with the tank still somewhat full.

Logically one would think the original short 028 line would be the worst for leaving unspent fuel.

For all the weird ass complaints I have heard fuel line being too short is a new one.

I really can't imagine why it would make any difference.. If the 026 is somewhat longer the weight of the filter will just pull it down to whichever corner. And, it would be logical to assume that they began to mold them in to and "s" for that purpose.

I have used them in about any combination and have yet to hear a complaint about running out of gas with the tank still somewhat full.

Logically one would think the original short 028 line would be the worst for leaving unspent fuel.

For all the weird ass complaints I have heard fuel line being too short is a new one.
Thank you for the straight answer (also one before you). The line wasn't too short for the first 10 years in the 026 and the life of the 028.

Back