036 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
id like some help here if any have any ideas. i picked up a used 036 pro today that i really have taken a like to.
chain is shot ,may need new bar .look like the originals
oilers not working.cranks and runs great,with good compression.
need to know what can i expect to pay as a fair amt for these repairs. please email
me if u think u could help me out .
i may send it to one of u guys.
i really like this saw.its got a 22 on it now and i would want 20 with rs 325
bar an chain im thinking. i figure shipping to one of u guys at about 30-35.there an back.like i said email me if u are interested . the mechanics around here
are an ever changing situation.. ive just never had trouble out of an oiler so need to know what the cost may be.thanks much

The oiler might just be plugged. You can pretty much count on buying a new bar chain and sprocket for most used saws. Sounds like you got a good deal.

Tony, a new oiler less labor should cost about $60 USD, i had two 036's and still have one and i always ran a 20'' bar with 3/8ths full chisel chain on it and it will blow through some wood:angel: PM if you have anymore questions about it:)

yep thats kinda what im thinking.
this thing weighs about the same as the 028.both got the same feel about them. i figure get this one rite and sell a couple o saws. partner 5000 and the poulan pro335.that will leave me with my smaller saws ,the 028 ,the 036,and the solo if i like it.im thinking this 036 is gonna be real strong ,with the right bar an chain combo. it really barks. mite even get it power tuned, if i think itll do for that.
appreciate any ideas via here or in private emails.kinda was at the right place at the right time today. as is the case most times u hit paydirt.:) :)
edit forgot to ask. this one has the chain tensioner between the bar studs . does anyone know when they started doing that.

Last edited:
oiler

Get the sprocket and clutch off. The worm is driven by a tang on the worm. Make sure it is still in one piece. Also, oil hose in tank is clean and output hose is in 1 piece. Very seldom replace an oiler on an 036, unless the clutch came apart and gouged it.

thanks stihltech. ill give it another look.
the fella had one o the studs in backwards. while i was fixin that. i cranked it and the oil was being pumped out the stud hole. does this indicate ,its
plugged ,an the pump is working. i hope.
:) thanks again.tm

I have replaced 2 of the hoses for the pumps on the 036's. They belonged to a carver, he had the idle way high and I think he used the chainbrake to stop the chain, still idling high... Only reason i could thing they would get all melted...

036 Idling High

JimL

If that saw is still idling high with the idle adj. backed out, its possibly a sign of an air leak.

Frank

Latest posts

Back