066 flattop coil question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadguy131

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an 066 flattop that i just picked up and i am having what i believe is timing issue. it backfires back through the carb. I have the duel keyway flywheel and it was keyed on the P slot, but i dont have any indication on the coil as to which coil it has. can one of you tell by these pix. If this is the unlimited then it should have been on the X keyway, from all the other threads i have read on this, . I have great spark but it feels like the timing is not right. Thanks Artie

coil front.jpgcoil.jpgcoil1.jpgflywheel.jpg

Kinda feel bad for the guy that i bought it from, he fought it for years. and when he found out i worked on saws, he offered to sell it to me with a 42 an 32 in bars and chains. I jumped on it cause the saw is immaculate and he really took care of his stuff. retired faller. Might have to sell my cd2100 now that i have this one. but then again that is a fun saw also. Wife might something to say about it :)

Kinda feel bad for the guy that i bought it from, he fought it for years. and when he found out i worked on saws, he offered to sell it to me with a 42 an 32 in bars and chains. I jumped on it cause the saw is immaculate and he really took care of his stuff. retired faller. Might have to sell my cd2100 now that i have this one. but then again that is a fun saw also. Wife might something to say about it :)
Hell Id never replace a 2100 for an 066 or any of the variants of 066 to 660- but then I dont like a 36 inch bar on an 066 and would never fit a 42 inch bar to one- but I'm not you. ;)

Latest posts

Back