103 octane boost in a chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawyer40

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever tryed that 103 octane boost in there gas I wouldn't dump the whole thing in but just mix enough to see what happens anybody have a thought on this idea.

Back out of this string and on the bottom right of the page showing all the discussions there is a space for you to type in saying search the forum. Using the words "octane" you find historical forums which specifcally discuss high octane.
There are some real arguments going on and some very detailed information on Octane.

The product you mention uses mmt as its active ingrediant. This stuff will leave nasty rust collored mettalic deposits in your combustion chamber that can lead to pre ignition. Besides octane boost effect on actual mon is pretty slight so its not very usefull.

who won the fight?

I think the rematch might just be starting ...
In this corner bwalker and in the other corner?

Awwe Just drill out the jets .050 and run the saw on nitro-methane:blob2: !!!!!!!!!!!! I got some stock fuel you can try too... works real well in my KD 3120, so good I have people buying it to race with :cool:

I say the more octaine the better... epecially in my drinks
:Monkey:

Later,
Chris

dont knowit gives more power but i use 93 and stihl or echo 50-1.
sure keeps the thing running without any trouble. actually 90 or above suits me alrite. in my mind ,mabe ,but something works i dont fix or change nothin, without a for sure better way.

Seriously those things are all junk. They claim to raise your octane level 3-5 points in a car. In reality the raise the level .3 to .5 points. I researched this because I have a turbocharged car and run 116 octane in it in race trim. The only way a saw could take advantage of the higher octane is if it had a turbo or a supercharger, or really high compression. Even then that junk for sale for $7 is no substitue for real race gas

How about mixing a little airplane fuel in say a couple pints in 2 1/2 gal not to run on all the time but just a few cuts in a race I want to beat someone bad.

no additives from a can in my working saws. i thot this was about 93 octane.
no telling what that stuff might do to u saw. i aint gonna find out.

I am thinking of buying a Electroluxe

Or am I wrong with the manufacturer.
Who owns the Husky brand?

race gas

This brings to my mind a question. Has anybody used racing fuel in their modified saws. If so, what kind, I'm thinking CAM2 or one of the VP fuels. We used to use VP C12 and mix it with sunoco ultra in our street stocks. Ran real good and what a sweet smell that race fuel has.

where do you get vp mr2 or c16? could it be mixed to run in stock saw races? I don't use my saws I race with for work. so if one blows up well better luck next time

MR2 would be great for stock saw races provided there are no rules on fuel. It has 2.5% oxygen from MTBE in it so it will give a stock saw more power, but you will have to mess with your carb settings. MR2 is sold mostly at mx shops, but can be bought directly from vp. Theyhave a web address.

Latest posts

Back