16" Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Hi there, I got myself a 16" chainsaw. Would it be good for cutting firewood around the yard?
Thanks in advance,
Woodtick

Idunno, Gypo. If you keep the chain sharp and don't dig into anything too big, you probably won't bog it too badly.
You might consider something larger if you get into a lot of hardwoods. I hear Poulan has a 'pro' line where ya might be able to find something that would work.

:p

Hi Brian, I did the 90 second tickle with a 7/32" file and created a top beak. I needed some bedding for my kids hampsters.
Gypo

Gypo, does that thing clog up when you do the curly fries? My 111'll get 'em stuck under clutch cover to the point of almost popping the chain off.

My 064 will sometimes clog up when making curly fries, set the brake and pull 'em out then resume cutting. I only go for curly fries when the round is too big to lift onto the splitter.

The cover on mine necks down where the sprocket is. No easy way to clear the stuff without taking off. Of course, there isn't any wood around here I can't split with a wedge and the 16 pound hammer.

90 second tickle

OK,I think I have the man figured out now.Gyro runs all those large saws to make up for his lack of endurance.Do you think that they make him feel good about himself?Think about it,he has his (90 second tickle).Now we know why he isn't married.I have heard of premature but this might be a new world record.Do you think we should contact Guinness?
Later
Dan:D

Lambert just called me and said he is working on improving the 90 second tickle and thinks he can get it down to a minute and a half. Let us all know when get there John

I think the 90-second trickle is what happens in the time between when you find out why you keep legs out from under what you're cutting to when you no longer care.

Hi there, yup thats the official KD Jungle Muffler. Adds about 20% right away.
What your looking at is 72.357 HP 088KD
The reworked saw is 12 hp. but after putting on a 9 pin it climbs up to 18 hp.
Then my race chain brings it to 36 hp.
The Maxima 927 with 104 octane increases it to 42 hp.
Then we have my technique which adds 36.357 hp.
So as you can see the 3120KD hasnt a chance, so please go back and edit your votes for the 088KD, and make it snappy!
Gypo

P.S. Robert Andrews tells me his predator is cutting so fast now after I filed it with the 90 second tickle, that not only is it rated at 10,000 HP., but it now cuts in negative time, meaning that instead of cutting thru a 30" Cottonwood in .9 seconds, it now cuts in -.9 seconds.
What this means in laymans terms is that Rotax Robert is getting younger with every cut. He is now regressing to 21 years of age, but wonders what he will do when he's in diapers again.
I suggested to him that Art Martin can adopt him and teach him how to file.
Gypo

Gypo,
Just out of curiosity, when working in the woods are you likely to snack on mushrooms?

Bill

Back