Are 2-stroke fuel filters all the same?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different sizes for sure and stihl uses bigger attach nipple. Even different micron sizes of filtering. Some weighted some not.

Stihls newest for theirs. Husky newer filter. Trimmer etc will be smaller.

Common one I see in cheaper saws and older poulan.

Common husky

I found out recently that the 525LS weedwhacker uses the standard husky fuel filter, not one of the smaller ones with the metal nipple/body. If I had just looked in the tank instead of going by the recommendation, I could've saved a few bucks.

I found out recently that the 525LS weedwhacker uses the standard husky fuel filter, not one of the smaller ones with the metal nipple/body. If I had just looked in the tank instead of going by the recommendation, I could've saved a few bucks.

Didnt you take your old one out to see before buying anything?

I always put in what I take out if I know right filter in it. Like new stuff I have bought. Only time I change that is when I put a afm walbro one in place.
IPL for yours shows 591375401

One in a new 555 for work. Orange husky filter

Attachments

• h555fxc.jpg
    h555fxc.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 0
Didnt you take your old one out to see before buying anything?

I always put in what I take out if I know right filter in it. Like new stuff I have bought. Only time I change that is when I put a afm walbro one in place.
IPL for yours shows 591375401

One in a new 555 for work. Orange husky filter
Usually, yes, but this was a lapse of judgement. Looked up the part and it showed the other filter type.

Can't blame anyone but myself, just saying that even some of the small 25cc tools use standard filters.

Usually, yes, but this was a lapse of judgement. Looked up the part and it showed the other filter type.

Can't blame anyone but myself, just saying that even some of the small 25cc tools use standard filters.
I dont know where you got your info. But why I use their IPL's when looking up part. 591375401

Shows same part number in white and orange cap. So guessing just updated. https://www.husqvparts.com/Husqvarn...qH_hQ4s_ElrGwM0PHT9WWOZBLYbhze855MeJy0c2JuiRE

I dont know where you got your info. But why I use their IPL's when looking up part. 591375401

Shows same part number in white and orange cap. So guessing just updated. https://www.husqvparts.com/Husqvarn...qH_hQ4s_ElrGwM0PHT9WWOZBLYbhze855MeJy0c2JuiRE
I can kinda confirm that. I stopped by my dealer on the way home last evening (the crapoy dealer thays close.) Asked for a coupple of the new husqy filters and he came back with the orange colored ones. Told him I wanted the blue ones. (Got an eye roll.) Asked him the difference, he said the blue was for auto tune and they use the orange ones in everything else that takes the large filter and isn't autotune. Seemed simple enough. Got 4 of the blue tops and was on my way.

Back