2100CD runs but surges/dies in the cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the fact that the new flippy caps fit on this old saw đź‘Ť
I'm not sure that the flippy cap is vented. Assuming that's true, probably the reason the auto oiler doesn't work is because the oil cap needs to be the vented type on that saw.

Finally getting back to this saw. New fuel filter, fuel line, and rebuilt carb with new needle. Tuned it in the wood today and ran much better. Snapped my pull cord on the last start but managed to keep it running for 15 mins tuning it. Got some nice creature comforts installed now: flip caps and elastostart! Also found out my auto oiler isn’t working but my manual oiler does work, hmmmm
View attachment 1193953

2100, oil cap should be of the vented variety- you can run what you like on the fuel- it vents into the air box.

image0 (72).jpeg

Swapped the vented oil cap back on today and did some test cuts, still not oiling. Next thing to check would be worm gear? What’s my best source for parts on this old saw?

Swapped the vented oil cap back on today and did some test cuts, still not oiling. Next thing to check would be worm gear? What’s my best source for parts on this old saw?
Buy more 1100/2100/2101 285/298 type saws- never be short of parts then ;)
Some things from other CD's like the 380/480 swap into 2100's- but new parts are a bit like Unicorn horns.

Whip the muffler off and make sure the rubber oil lines are still there and connected.

image0 (73).jpeg

.... "snapped the pull cord on the last start"...
-----------------------
I understand completely. No decomp valve on these saws, they are very hard to pull start. I recently worked on one and relied on the owner's son to start it. He was very strong (6-5 and 260 lb.). They both love the saw and it now runs fine. Chunez may have to maintain his weight training to feel comfortable starting it.

These saws are beasts. Perhaps the Swedes designed them for Dolph Lundgren to start them:
1722380503005.png
Just MHO.

Buy more 1100/2100/2101 285/298 type saws- never be short of parts then ;)
Some things from other CD's like the 380/480 swap into 2100's- but new parts are a bit like Unicorn horns.

Whip the muffler off and make sure the rubber oil lines are still there and connected.

View attachment 1194172
I had the muffler off when swapping my rim to 3/8-8 and one line was unhooked which explains why it pissed bar oil everywhere when sitting. I reconnected it before taking the saw out to tune it but the line went on very loose and did not have any metal clamps on it. What are people using for replacement lines/clamps on these?

what about the lines themselves? Can I just use husky fuel line?

I had the muffler off when swapping my rim to 3/8-8 and one line was unhooked which explains why it pissed bar oil everywhere when sitting. I reconnected it before taking the saw out to tune it but the line went on very loose and did not have any metal clamps on it. What are people using for replacement lines/clamps on these?

Many a small 4 stroke engine uses similar wire or flat band clamps on the flexable fuel lines of the delivery system.
They are easily found.

Back