2171 air filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darton2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Surely their is a better air filter out there than the factory one that came with it. Yeah, it dont get near as dirty as quickly as my other saws, but the dang thing is over $20 and it looks like glued cardboard fibers as the mesh.

Are there any other options out there for this?

Surely their is a better air filter out there than the factory one that came with it. Yeah, it dont get near as dirty as quickly as my other saws, but the dang thing is over $20 and it looks like glued cardboard fibers as the mesh.

Are there any other options out there for this?
All air filters are close to the same price it does it's job plus the saw does not have that ugly hump back husky look to it. If to your Eye it does not look good just cut the top cover and get a green weeny for it. You can get a winter nylon mesh filter for it but it don't filter as well.
The stock filter your saw came with is hard to beat for the Job it is meant to do that is stop dust from getting in your saw.
Plus like you said it does not get dirty like your other other saw's Stihl?

Last edited:
Do you have the nylon mesh or the felt filter? The felt works great.

I haven't had a problem with the nylon in my other reds.

Last edited:
All air filters are close to the same price it does it's job plus the saw does not have that ugly hump back husky look to it. If to your Eye it does not look good just cut the top cover and get a green weeny for it. You can get a winter nylon mesh filter for it but it don't filter as well.
The stock filter your saw came with is hard to beat for the Job it is meant to do that is stop dust from getting in your saw.
Plus like you said it does not get dirty like your other other saw's Stihl?

There is another mesh filter as well, that is 44 micron vs. the 80 micron of the winter filter - those are really nice if the conditions isn't too dusty. :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back