562xp Mk2 or MS400c?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crowbar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have narrowed my choices for a 60ish cc all around midweight saw to these two saws. The new 562xp Mk2 looks like it just about runs with the 400. Pros/Cons? Which saw would you choose and why?

And have two antiquated saws .
The "antiquated" Echo saws will perform as long as a "PRO" grade saw but at a fraction of the cost. Little slower and little heavier yes, but quality and endurance is the same. I bought a new Husky 372xp non x-torq back in the day and truly love it but would be totally content with a antiquated Echo 590. If I was a pro logger I would buy Husqy or Stihl. Keep your EGO out of the equation and you can have same results and save money. Peace

The "antiquated" Echo saws will perform as long as a "PRO" grade saw but at a fraction of the cost. Little slower and little heavier yes, but quality and endurance is the same. I bought a new Husky 372xp non x-torq back in the day and truly love it but would be totally content with a antiquated Echo 590. If I was a pro logger I would buy Husqy or Stihl. Keep your EGO out of the equation and you can have same results and save money. Peace
Ego has nothing to do with wanting a saw with modern performance.
And the difference we are talking g about is what? $150 difference between the 620 and 562.

I went and fondled an MS400, it’s a fine saw, but it just didn’t feel right to me, so I went and ordered another (#3) 562xp. I find a 24” bar to be the sweet spot for these. I do a lot of firewood, and I find that what the 562 lacks in grunt (it doesn’t lack much, but compared to the 390xp..) it makes up by having a great power to weight ratio.
Either would be a solid choice, handle
them both see which feels better.

Funny I have a MS400 and my brother has a 562, both with 20" bars. I like my 400. I previously had a 362 and the 400 is noticeably stronger.
My brother likes his 562 as well. Likely both good choices.

Funny I have a MS400 and my brother has a 562, both with 20" bars. I like my 400. I previously had a 362 and the 400 is noticeably stronger.
My brother likes his 562 as well. Likely both good choices.
362 is a turd. The 562xp is way better. The 400 in turn is better than the 562.
I could suffer with either a 562 or a 400, but if given the choice I would take the 400 every time.

The 562xp is not the same size saw as the ms400. There is almost 8 cc's difference between the two saws. The 562 is 59.8 and the ms400 is 66.9 cc's. In my opinion the ms400 is a different class and it should be a stronger saw and the price reflects that. Both are great saws but the power to weight the Stihl is going to win and should have better performance in larger stuff. The ms362 is more apples to apples to the 562xp.

I would have to say the 400 even though i do not own a single Stihl saw. Have just heard heard negative things about the 562xp lately. I have a 550xp and a 572xp and love them both…:confused:

Back