572xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneyMeadowMaple

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am about to order a 572xp, my local shop is sold out, but going to order one. The lightweight bar is about 100 bucks more than the standard bar. It’s going to be 24” .058 gauge.
Is it worth the extra? I have bigger saws to mill with, this will mostly be a felling and firewood saw. Husqvarna isn’t publishing the difference in weight. Also I have a dozen or more chains, do the 2 bars have the same number of drive links?

I am about to order a 572xp, my local shop is sold out, but going to order one. The lightweight bar is about 100 bucks more than the standard bar. It’s going to be 24” .058 gauge.
Is it worth the extra? I have bigger saws to mill with, this will mostly be a felling and firewood saw. Husqvarna isn’t publishing the difference in weight. Also I have a dozen or more chains, do the 2 bars have the same number of drive links?
If you already have bars, you could buy just the powerhead from HL Supply and save a few bucks. The lightweight bars will be the same drive link count, and probably be about a pound lighter.

If you already have bars, you could buy just the powerhead from HL Supply and save a few bucks. The lightweight bars will be the same drive link count, and probably be about a pound lighter.
A pound does sound significant, of course it’s not all at the tip, but it’s hanging out there quite a ways. Who actually makes the bar?

Back