670 project (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words guys. I haven't even fired it up yet so no vids. I also don't have a video camera. Maybe I should enter the 21st century and get one. Here's some better pics I took today.

HPIM3930.jpg

HPIM3934.jpg

HPIM3936.jpg

HPIM3935.jpg

Enjoyed all the pic's! Nice work,but to not hear it run? That's the best part!

Nice work,but to not hear it run? That's the best part!

Yeah, I don't have any saw gas at the house right now. I'm gonna mix a bit up after work so she should run tonight.

Your woodpile looks a lot like mine.......Birch and fir, birch and fir....LOL

That's actually Birch and Alder. I'm not sure why, but we have no Douglas Fir around these parts.

Last edited:
OK, so it's been awhile but I finally got a half decent camera that'll do video, so here ya go.

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WNkA56T2mIc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OK, so it's been awhile but I finally got a half decent camera that'll do video, so here ya go.

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WNkA56T2mIc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet running saw!

You look like you belong in the movie Mad Max with those goggles!!!

Ya, about the eyes. That is no joke, I know always wear a face shield, was real tired of getting wood chips in my eyes. I've had metal stuck in my eye before and that was no fun, took a trip to the emergency the first day then a trip to the eye doctor the second day and another day to heal, ya it sucked. Never do that again.

Great Video!!

Thanks for posting up the video, I've been needing some motivation to get back to work on my 670 project!! Your saw sounds pretty strong and looks to be cutting well even though you made mention of the chain needing sharpening. If you'd had a new/sharp chain on there it would have been even more impressive!!

Great saw build/mods and video............rep coming your way!! :rock::rock:

Back