90PX045 chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abs111999

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
this Oregon chain fits the Dewalt 12 inch bar chain saw. I have been using that saw instead of a gas saw for sagebrush and I like it. Just about 30 minutes of cutting a day. Screw gas.
Anyway I would like to find this size chain in 44 links instead of 45 because I run out of adjustment room. Where can I order a 44 link?
And what is the best vise mount chain break tool going now? I am tired of grinding chains apart and getting lousy hammer on rivet jobs... I want something that makes it easier...

Stihl generally uses 44 drive length loops for their called length 12 inches in 3/8lp or 3/8 picco. 61pmm3 would be the exact chain type with 44 as the drive length number. It is likely the least expensive loop any Stihl place has. It is also a superior product to what you are currently using. Chances are it will be less expensive at a walk in Stihl place than on line.

Not sure what a vice mount means but Archer plus on ebay has a vice thing that seems also to be sold elsewhere. It won't help in the riveting just punching out the rivets on the tie straps.

Stihl generally uses 44 drive length loops for their called length 12 inches in 3/8lp or 3/8 picco. 61pmm3 would be the exact chain type with 44 as the drive length number. It is likely the least expensive loop any Stihl place has. It is also a superior product to what you are currently using.

My experience is quite the opposite. Maybe it also depends on the bar width.

Spinner / Breaker set
eBay item number 383398090918
IMG_7865.png

The chain can be ordered from any online chain vendor. In retail packages, it would be sold as ‘R44’, and might be available at local hardware stores, home centers, on Amazon, etc.

Philbert

Back