A never-ending project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Tracy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone ever do a never ending project? My project 015 Sthil about 3 years into this project the story. Year one would run could not adjust the carburetor after reading systems of a air leak my big problem. I need a cool down time. Year 2 no advance tools to check anything. I decide chank seals were bad I did the clutch side only. Ran prefect. I decided to do the fly wheel side. Back to were I was at before. Year 3 I now have a leak down tester a pressure vacuum tester I knew it was still leaking. I could not find it crank seals was not leaking. I seen a video put the hole saw under water so I did found it. No gasket on intake Now it will not start at all. In no way I need this saw at all. For me a just learning everyday. I just want to hear about a project that all readers had. That seemed very hard and solutions. For example get eyes on a problem. My buddy dirt bike was not starting was push starting it. I said dude the kill switch is on. Never down trodden anyone we all make mistakes. I work on stuff out of gas.

Anyone ever do a never ending project? My project 015 Sthil about 3 years into this project the story. Year one would run could not adjust the carburetor after reading systems of a air leak my big problem. I need a cool down time. Year 2 no advance tools to check anything. I decide chank seals were bad I did the clutch side only. Ran prefect. I decided to do the fly wheel side. Back to were I was at before. Year 3 I now have a leak down tester a pressure vacuum tester I knew it was still leaking. I could not find it crank seals was not leaking. I seen a video put the hole saw under water so I did found it. No gasket on intake Now it will not start at all. In no way I need this saw at all. For me a just learning everyday. I just want to hear about a project that all readers had. That seemed very hard and solutions. For example get eyes on a problem. My buddy dirt bike was not starting was push starting it. I said dude the kill switch is on. Never down trodden anyone we all make mistakes. I work on stuff out of gas.
Heaps of saws until I got a vac/pressure tester. Example .. I probably put atleast 20 hrs on a full 661 rebuild because of an airleak .

Thank god I bought one .. saves so much time and frustration

I was restoring a 1953 Mcculloch 3-25 and had to replace the fuel diaphragm. The fuel system is very different from what you see today and it is difficult to change the diaphragm and adjust the inlet needle. I found an aftermarket diaphragm but as soon as I cranked it a few times, gas was pouring out. Tried resetting the inlet needle height several times before I found a leak in the new diaphragm. I finally found a NOS OEM and that worked.

Latest posts

Back