Advice on fertilizing 50 Honey Locust trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroundLoop

Reaction score
We have about 50 Honey Locust trees on either side of our driveway. They are approximately 30 years old. Some are in good shape and some not so good. Have had a local arborist come out a few times already to evaluate and fertilize them. They are spaced about 20 feet apart from each other. Recently the arborist came out and said at least two of them are dead. We had a drought here in 2021 and 2022 and he mentioned with the close proximity of them the lack of water may have affected the health of them.

I asked if there is anything we could do to prolong the life of the dead ones and he said no. Just thought I would broaden the scope of knowledge and see if there is anything that can be done. It would look pretty bad having a few of them missing as they are all symetrical.

Plus I would like to start maintaining them myself if possible as it is very expensive to fertilize them. Looking for advice on what tools to use. I know the arborist used something like this when they were fertilizing them. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4JJWKH...6UWE4C8G&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it Is this a good one to get? What types of fertilizer are recommended?

I already maintain everything else on the property so why not this as well.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

Attachments

• Locust trees.jpg
    Locust trees.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back