any lefties out there

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, Yes, Taxachusetts, where we once had a Democommunist Gov who couldn't give enough welfare money away so he started a program giving phony ssn numbers to illegal aliens.

If he could have only figured out a way to get those same people to vote his presidential bid might not have been so dismal.

Speeking of trying to get something for nothing...

This is a great story with a good ending for a change-
I know I'm taking this off the subject, (sorry jhr) but I also know you hard working guys out there will get a kick out of this one... I heard it on the radio and did a search and I found it on the net.

here it is:

A Charlotte NC lawyer purchased a box of very rare and expensive cigars then insured them against fire among other things. Within a month having smoked his entire stockpile of these great cigars and without yet having made even his first premium payment on the policy, the lawyer filed a claim against the insurance company. In his claim, the lawyer stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires."

The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason, that the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion. The lawyer sued and won! In delivering the ruling the judge agreed with the insurance company that the claim was frivolous, however; the judge stated that the lawyer held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure them against fire, without defining what is considered to be "unacceptable fire," and was obligated to pay the claim. Rather than endure a lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000.00 to the lawyer for his loss of the rare cigars lost in the "fires."

NOW FOR THE BEST PART. After the lawyer cashed the check, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of ARSON!!!! With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used against him, the lawyer was convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and sentenced him to 24 months in jail and a $24,000.00 fine. This is a true story and was the 1st place winner in the recent Criminal Lawyers Award Contest.
:angry:

So if I retrain myself and conform to a righties world I should be making in the $45 an hour range:D

jhr

I buck right handed and always use a right hand stance. I have some carpaltunnel(sp?) in my wrists which makes my hands go numb. My right hand is worse than my left so when I'm making multiple cuts I'll swap hands to get the blood flowing again but I do not change my stance.

around new york when a job is going on with non union labor they put a big inflatable rat and harrass the owners. the other day i was passing a site in the bucket truck where 12 union guys were standing around with there big rat. so i yelled out to them how does it feel to be replaced by a mexican? i guess you guys aren't too skilled. i also said they could come drag brush for me at 4 dollars an hour. its a good thing the light changed because they didn't look too happy with me.

I worked last year full time on the ground with another guy well the owner of the business asked me if I could run the ground solo (and I'm not talking being just a brush b--ch I'm lowering, breaking, swinging and tipping) because he wanted to get rid of the other guy I would get an increase of pay of course so I said I would try.... yeah I worked for the same pay but twice the work... union doesn't sound so bad to me!!! and to top it all off I got bit by the lovely deer tick got lyme disease and was useless for about 6 months!!!

Hi jhr, I understand what you are saying about being taken advantage of by your employer, and that does make a union sound good, but the truth of the matter is that most times, unions are counterproductive. I`m not talking in the sense of work accomplished although that is sometimes the case. I`m talking about job security and the ability of individual employees being able to advance on the merit of their abilty or work ethic. Unions by their very nature have to consider every employee of a given classification as having equal ability, how often is that true in the real world? Unions also have to choose their battles carefully in a sense because it costs money to fight them, so they end up disproportionately representing the screw ups, you know, the guys who got fired for stealing or lost time or intoxication on the job. They don`t have the time or resources to fight for the guy who got cheated out of some overtime or pay for job site reporting where you are expected to report to the jobsite in your own vehicle on your own time, rather than meeting at the barn and riding in a crew truck from a central location. Now for the paradox, as I said earlier, by their very nature unions must consider all employees equal, there are different classifications of union members according to whether or not you have a Business Agent, and whether or not you are a "Real Union" tradesperson, ie: a journeyman or master electrician. You have BA and A union members with different levels of representation. Well here in New York State where all the utility companies are union, including the Power Authority State of New York(PASNY), in order to do line clearance work you have to be IBEW, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers represented, which means that the employers have much higher costs associated with every employee that don`t necessarily make it into the employees pocket, but it does lock out Gypo trimmers from clearance work. Still, the bottom line is that the utilities are able to play the contract crews against in house crews to keep wages and employee benefits in check and primarily the union just stands there with their collective "Union Management" hand out looking for dues increases. I could go on for hours about this but I`ll give you guys a break. Russ

no please go on Russ! Right now I'm staying home with our 11 month old daughter. After the tick incident we decided instead of looking for another job I would just stay home (we didn't want to do the day care route) it's been great but I am thinking what avenue I want to go down when the time comes to find employment. I'm thinking of getting an arborist license (plenty of time to study up) and I was going to seek city or state line work, which is union, only interesed because of the pay.

Last edited:
Nice air filter on that saw- looks like it won't require cleaning... whats the micron rating or should I say mm rating.... about 15mm ??
:D
Jeff

Latest posts

Back