Anybody have experience with McCulloch "Titan" saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverKing

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Several years ago I bought a used McCulloch Titan 57 from my local Stihl dealer.Took it home,cut about 15 minutes with it and the clutch went out.The little bit I ran it I was impressed.Anyhow I took it back to the dealer and traded for Husqvarna 55,never again to try out a Titan series saw.What was the biggest saw they made in this line?Hope to find one someday

I have a couple of Titan 57's, can't compare to my 036 but I tend to use them more as I would not feel to bad if they failed or if I drop one from high up.

I think the biggest was a Titan 70 (70 cc).

If you find another, you will certainly need to replace the fuel lines and oil lines as the OEM stuff did not hold up. I recently piced up a bunch of old McCulloch parts and in the lot was a NOS manual oiler for the Titan 57, the lines were crumbled in the bag...

250122d1345943760-dscn5459-jpg

250123d1345943776-dscn5460-jpg

Mark

Last edited:
In America it was the Titan 70. I ran one at OPE EXPO in '94. Nice saw, made in Italy. It wouldn't hang with my 044.

I have a couple of Titan 57's, can't compare to my 036 but I tend to use them more as I would not feel to bad if they failed or if I drop one from high up.

I think the biggest was a Titan 70 (70 cc).

If you find another, you will certainly need to replace the fuel lines and oil lines as the OEM stuff did not hold up. I recently piced up a bunch of old McCulloch parts and in the lot was a NOS manual oiler for the Titan 57, the lines were crumbled in the bag...

Mark
Hi Mark,

I know this is a really old post but I have a Titan 57 that's leaking oil and am wondering if there's a thread here showing how to replace the oil lines - pretty sure it the manual pump line that's perished?
Also on the off chance, it's missing its oil cap so I wondered if these can still be found or if anyone has ever 3D printed any.
Any info appreciated, this is a great saw that's been doing a great job for me so far for such a vintage machine.
Thanks in advance
Gaetan

Latest posts

Back