Anyone using a Hasegawa 16 foot ladder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsrsol84mm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Would appreciate any feedback on the Hasegawa 16 foot tripod ladder. How stable is it using a telescoping pole saw ?
Any comparison to the 12 foot version of the same ladder ?

Thanks

what Jolly Logger said

my suggestion is to get a video of you using the polesaw while standing at the top of that ladder, and report back to us

I've actually been called out to jobs where the dude was doing exactly what you're asking about, and either got hurt or got his senses knocked back into himself, and decided to pay me to climb instead, cost him half a day waiting on me and if I recall, I charged him more than he bid the job for to begin with

ladders have their use, I have no issue setting one up to prune an ornamental with a silky saw, or get onto a roof to blow sawdust off, but in all honesty, I can think of maybe 2 jobs in 3 years where I put a ladder in the truck, and if I recall, only 1 of those we actually used it

That's "to gain access to a tree..." I see no problem working from a ladder for small tree pruning. Our rule is: If the branch is big enough to knock you off the ladder, its too big to prune from a ladder. That's a pretty small branch.

But 16' is a bit much for my taste. By the time most trees are big enough for that, they are big enough to climb. I certainly don't want to use a pole saw on a 16' ladder.

oh boy

if you need to do that, you should prolly stop calling yourself a tree service till you learn to climb, or hire a climber, maybe rent a lift or something

like I said, you're almost 10% guaranteed to get hurt or killed, so atleast get a video for us if you decide to try it, more than once I've had to go save the county hacks because they thought a polesaw on a ladder was a good idea

Latest posts

Back