At what temp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about moving the air baffle to pick up air warmed by the engine (winter) vs air not warmed by the engine (summer)? If so, I never move the baffle. Mine is always set to use unwarmed (summer) air.
I figure, the more I can do to keep the saw cool, the better off I am. No troubles with that plan so far in SE VA...

Are you talking about moving the air baffle to pick up air warmed by the engine (winter) vs air not warmed by the engine (summer)? If so, I never move the baffle. Mine is always set to use unwarmed (summer) air.
I figure, the more I can do to keep the saw cool, the better off I am. No troubles with that plan so far in SE VA...

Yes..thats the inquiry. Also in VA we do sometimes get in the sub 0s. But even cutting in heavy snow I don't think my air filter has ever iced up. Any ya'll Canadians or Alaskans run in alt modes?

I usually switch mine when the "sack" is sucked up to my throat. :omg:

I hear what your sayin, but DO NOT post comments like this in the political form, its a slaughter house over there. :buttkick: I have a lot of ash borer beetle kill that likes to come down in heavy snow...gotta run rain, sleet, or everything.

I hear what your sayin, but DO NOT post comments like this in the political form, its a slaughter house over there. :buttkick: I have a lot of ash borer beetle kill that likes to come down in heavy snow...gotta run rain, sleet, or everything.
I suspect most of them political forum regulars squat to pee, even the guys.

When logging in the winter I used the winter block of plate for the recoil cover. Most of my saws where XPG models. I did not open the winter shutter as it defeats the air injection feature. I stuck with the summer air filter. I also disconnected the carb heat as it will boil the fuel in the carb if the temps are in the 30's. If it got in the single digits I would run the carb heat.

Latest posts

Back