Back up light duty saw help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up getting an echo 3510es. A pawn shop in Melbourne had a brand new one with box listed on eBay for $335 AUD.
So almost the same price as the $299 ($200 off) ms181 that I would have had to travel a long way to get.
It has the same rated power as the 181 but is 0.6kg lighter and runs .050 picco std 14" bar, rather than .043 x 16".
I have only put a couple of tanks of fuel thru it, but so far it's just what I wanted.
Something ridiculously light to zip thru hardwood limbs up to 8".
I really like the translucent fuel/oil tanks. The threaded tank caps work just seated against the O ring! It has a momentary kill switch which all current saws should have.
It's all plastic of course but weight was my No.1 requirement. Someone made a comment that the difference in weight while cutting is not noticeable with a 180 compared to his 026. This 3510 feels like a feather compared to my 260.

I should qualify that I was only prepared to get this type of saw for the price I did.
I would not have bothered if I had to pay normal price.

I just rebuilt an Echo CS-3510 that had both the outer handle and the chain brake handle broken by a tree trunk log that rolled over it. The saw now looks brand new, runs perfectly, pulls an 18" chain, and the owner (a tree service company) loves it. Very light in weight for the power that it has. It's a $320 saw in the USA and worth every penny in my book. Good Luck, Mate!

I've got 2 Echo 310s, one of which is my go-to small saw.
I bought the second while they first was being rebuilt.
If my dealer had had a 352 in stock I'd have gone with it.

Muffler modded and tuned they are great little performers.

Latest posts

Back