Belt sanders and spray paint

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Snyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The last reply I posted reminded me of another exciting shop practice.

I have one of those common 9 inch disc by 6 by 48 belt sander rigs. I had set a can of blue spray paint on the belt along with a nearly full box of drywall nails. The belt was in the horizontal position. I had on my 6 inch focal length Optivisors. You can only see up close with those. I took the little piece of hardened wire I was making a throttle link out of and walked over and turned the switch to use the disc. Everything flew across the room, glanced off the double thinkness front window (broke one layer), pierced the top of the paint can which turned in into a self propelled power painter,also got blue on my Springer Spanial as he tried to chase down the blue missle. He then ran thru the dustiest parts of the shop. He didn't like blue apparently.

Just as I was contemplating the cleanup several customers came. There had been some Miller Lite involved in some work earlier.

Did you get good coverage on the dog or did he need two coats? When I was in college a friend of mine, Scott Fenty got the idea to do a burn-out with his car and have another friend, Don pour blue food color at the tire to make blue smoke. Short story: my friend Don Johnston looked like a Smurf for a couple of days!

Originally posted by Tony Snyder
...........There had been some Miller Lite involved in some work earlier.

That stuff will cause a person to do all sorts of unreasonable things. Like using the business end of a shop tool for a table, when said tool is plugged in.....

Yeah, what sedanman said... 2 coats for the pooch? How long was he a Smurf dog? Did the other dogs laugh and call him names? :D

hee hee. the only thing that could make this story better is if it had been a cat.

makes my day just thinking about it. thx.

mine too. im not alone in this type thing. :) id say u hit the mother ld ,to talk about later over say another miller lite.

I took the dog right to the dog grooming lady, her husband and had couple beers out by the river, talked free chains and stuff.

You know; really the funniest part of the whole thing was that a guy come in a few days later, plopped his 41 Farm Boss Stihl up on the counter and said, " I brought my saw to you for work because the guy at the saw shop the next town west is no good; he drinks too much beer and then works on my saw".

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all Stihl dealers are that way, but maybe it helps them survive the competition.

Latest posts

Back