Buck Stoves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjf85

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I don't see the bucks mentioned here much our house was built in 1976 it has forced air propane and a very large fireplace when we bought the house five years ago it had the a big buck 2 wall insert in the fireplace that done a great job I work for the railroad and took a supervisor job in Winston Salem and almost sold the house so I gave the buck to a friend well the super job did'nt work out so we came back one winter of burning propane was not gettin it so I installed an owb FreeHeat Machine the same Tenn. co. that made the Fisher stoves and love it but I do miss my buck we use the fireplace some it has ash pit and propane starter strip I have looked at Jotul inserts U guys looking owbs should check out freeheat machine I love there job ready packages everything we needed for the install came with it.

I have the small Buck, my dad has the medium Buck. Love them both!!! Great stoves and way ahead of their time!
I don't know anything about the new ones, but I can't imagine they have gotten bad?

I'm burning my buck stove right now. My house has 2 propane furnaces but I had them come take the tank (we couldn't agree on a price for propane) So Now the only heat I have is from wood. I don't mind though, My stove can blow air out at 250*+ where a propane furnace may go 80*, and the wood only cost me my time/labor and some fuel. when this buck goes another will relace it, no question...

buck is one of the most popular stoves around me . brunco , buck , hitzer, and of course BAKER !!! :clap: most around here are all wood/coal combos for that extreme cold weather versatility.

most Amish by me switch to coal right after the holidays. . .

It's 11 outside, been burning all day. Started getting cool and it's bed time so I cranked it up a bit. It's 85 in the living room and I just hit the third stage on the blower. I'll shut it down a bit now.
But it sure is nice to sweat sometimes!!!

If I bought a new stove a new Buck would be at the top of my list.

Does anybody know of any negatives about the new Buck stoves?

They used to be very popular in central Pa but don't hear much about them anymore since folks stopped burning so much wood. Harman, Alaska, and Baker are the biggies here.

Latest posts

Back