Building a SP125C / 101B Kart Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Brad, I put together a vid to show how I start a 101B Mac. This one is .050 over, 129cc, no decomp. It has fresh rings, and I notice the compression has been on the rise, as it is getting harder and harder to turn over. Not the best cut, as I realized the filter was dirty after I made the cut.

You da man, drop starting 129cc of high compression kart motor:rock:

Just read this thread from start to finish hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm still got a way to go yet fellas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McBob

Oh Cahoon that 101 cylinder you have with the decompressor drilled in from the side is factory came from a 101 M/C

McBob.

v4d_454x339.jpg

bdc_11a.jpg

v4f_448x338.jpg

v4001.jpg

What looks like a stock 125c ......................

Last edited:
Ambull, watching you find TDC reminded me of how I used to have to start my favorite FourWheeler. Honda 250R, bump that kick start to TDC than let her rip. Thats saw rips:msp_thumbup:

Brad, make sure you watch McBob's video. It is that thunder from downunder that inspired me to start gathering parts for a copycat build. Ron

Me, too. Coupled with getting the 91s, it derailed my first kartsaw build.

I contacted Boyesen today about reeds for these saws. As mentioned earlier in the thread, they wanted a tracing. I figered a scaled scan would be even better. Here they are for anyone that needs this info.

SAVE0104-M.jpg

SAVE0105-M.jpg

Ignition on mine is electronic off a Ryobi whipper snipper no rev limiter and no points great and simple

McBob.

Thanks for the additional info. Except for an overbore my 101B block will be stock. I may add a DSP to the head. I haven't found a carb to fit in the cutout air box so I may be forced to depart from your design. I have a BDC16 and both a sloper and a straight intake. Ron

Thanks for the additional info. Except for an overbore my 101B block will be stock. I may add a DSP to the head. I haven't found a carb to fit in the cutout air box so I may be forced to depart from your design. I have a BDC16 and both a sloper and a straight intake. Ron

The BDC 16 is an alkcy carb the BDC 14 a petrol carb with a single pump double on the 16

McBob

Just read this thread from start to finish hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm still got a way to go yet fellas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McBob

Oh Cahoon that 101 cylinder you have with the decompressor drilled in from the side is factory came from a 101 M/C

Might well be a 101M/C block.....Can't say for sure.......it has no numbers......but for sure a Double A crank.

Another National winning kart builder is Dave Liberton, from Phoenix AZ. I bought 2 stock 101B's from him in the 90's that came off Israeli drones. I also bought his personal 101B that he won a national race with. He claimed it dyno'ed at 22hp.

Dennis, at what RPM make 22hp the 101b does?????? :hmm3grin2orange:

hope the family and labs are well mate

I'm looking for input for the color scheme on my saw. Correct me where I'm wrong, but weren't original colors a red rear shroud, blue flywheel cover, and black recoil? I'm a big fan of patriotic red/white/blue, and would like to throw some white in the mix somewhere. I like chrome too. I'm just not sure how to put it all together.

Last edited:
The red/blue was the '76 centennial. The rest were typical mac color-of-the-day. Yellow, black, chrome. I think there were some white m's.

I'm looking for input for the color scheme on my saw. Correct me where I'm wrong, but weren't original colors a red rear shroud, blue flywheel cover, and black recoil? I'm a big fan of patriotic red/white/blue, and would like to throw some white in the mix somewhere. I like chrome too. I'm just not sure how to put it all together.

Red cylinder shroud blue fan housing and blue starter housing and used a special decal of red white and blue i have them here for mine but i haven't seen any on ebay for ages.

Called American Racing Engines

I'll snap a pic of the sticker today if my batteries ain't flat and post it here.

McBob

Last edited:
Colors

Here's my first kart saw:

attachment.php

Blue flywheel cover, Red shroud, Yellow crankcase cover.

Here's my 101B for my build:

200178d1316731894-img_2301-1-jpg

Red flywheel cover. Silver shroud, unpainted crankcase cover.

Ron

Latest posts

Back