• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Cast Iron Skillets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNTreeHugger

Frog Whisperer & Freedom Warrior
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I asked in the Cast Iron Cookware thread if anyone was interest in buying some and since several said yes, I thought I'd go ahead and post the info here.

I have two large skillets that are just too darn heavy for me to handle so I don't use them any more.
Both are marked SK, one is a #8 with the letter D, the other #10, Made in USA and has D 2 markings.

Both have two spouts, one handle, heat ring and three notches.
Good shape, well seasoned. Only used for cooking the 30 years I've had them.

They weigh 5.5 lbs. and 7.5 lbs.
The shipping cost may be prohibitive... using 90210 zip, the small pan is $23.65 Retail Ground and $27.80 for the large pan.

PM me if you're interested.

DSC00564.JPGDSC00567.JPGDSC00568.JPGDSC00569.JPG

I just found this web site with cast iron info
https://www.castironcollector.com/unmarked.php
So, I'm assuming my #8 is older than the #10

1940s-1987¹

• Skillets have inset heat ring with 3 notches at 9/12/3 o'clock.
  • ¾" high size number at 12 o'clock
  • Earlier examples may have a molder's mark at 6 o'clock
  • Pattern identifying marks incised at 6 o'clock or raised shift identifier on a small flat blob of metal above the size number (late 1940s-early 1950s)
  • Later, letters denoting pan type, e.g. "SK" skillet, "DO" dutch oven (late 1950s-1980s)
  • After ca. mid-1960s "Made In USA" added at center
  • Lids have grid of pointed tips for basting drippers, size number and diameter or pan capacity incised on underside
  • Corn stick pans have 5, 7, or 9 uni-directional cups, outward-curved ends for handles, with round or elongated hanging holes, button or bar-shaped levelling feet, and often the number 27 and letter C on the 7-cup
  • Divided cornbread skillets have hole in center
  • Hammered toy skillets typically with 00, 0, or 1 markings

(After 1987, Lodge resumed putting its name on its products.)

I'll ask the wife, but my guess is that she'll say no. If she says no, I'll reach out to a few others I know who might be interested.
Thanks.
I thought someone wanting a nice ready-to-use set might be interested.
Collectors look for bargains they can refurbish and resell for a profit.

If I can't find a buyer, my daughter can deal with them after I drop dead. :laughing:

Back