Chain Brake Pro Mac 610?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am looking for a chain brake handle for a McCulloch Pro Mac 610, already scanned a couple sponsers here and greedbay as well. A parts saw is OK if the price is right. PM me.

There are 2 different styles of handles on those saws. One pivots on the bottom of the chain guard and the other pivots in the center of the chain guard.
Be sure you get the right one.
BTW, I have 2 of them , 2 different styles of handles, I'll be darned if I can get either one to work:mad: I can't figure out how they go together. The Ipl doesn't't show much.
CSW

I've got 2 610s, one with chain break and one without. I'll take a look at it and see what the chain break looks like. I believe it pivots at the center of the guard.

I had noticed there are 2 different styles, I should have specified! The handle I have goes all the way across the front and attaches to the other side.

If either of you has one you want to part with, just pm me with the details please.

The first two photos show the style I have and need, the last two photos are the other style:

McCullochChainBrakeHandle.jpg

ChainBrakeHandle101.jpg

McCullochChainBrakeHandle102.jpg

McCullochChainBrakeHandle101.jpg

The answer to every question is...it depends...

The clutch cover/brake housings are completely interchangeable so yes you can switch them. Recognize that the brake operating levers/handles are different so you must keep the whole system together. If you put the wrap around style on a saw that did not have it originally you will have to remove a plug from the flywheel housing to allow you to attach the wrap around brake handle pivot at the front/bottom corner.

Wraparound

20200504_105219.jpg

One piece flag

20200504_104659.jpg

There is a third type of brake operator as well, uses the same lever as the wraparound type but consists of just a flag at the top.

20200504_104924.jpg

You can even substitute the brake handle/one piece flag off a 10 Series saw for the one piece flag style brake handle, but the 10 Series are taller.

20240321_124043.jpg

The wrap around style brake operator lever pivots from the bottom of the cover.

20200504_105229.jpg

Mark

Latest posts

Back