Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saws from the shed :)

three 242xpg/g
one 346xpg
one 357xpg
one 372xpg

attachment.php

This Must Be Husky Day!

Here's one I just finished.....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

New bearings,seals, and a mild port with muffler mod. Seems to run nice but not up to it's twin with closed transfers.....Bob

Here is my gang of saws, 260,361,441 and the latest addition the 660.
Steve

Here is my gang of saws, 260,361,441 and the latest addition the 660.
Steve

Almost perfect. Just gotta replace the 441 with the 460. At least thats what I did. Don't have a pic of them all together though. The ms260 gets left out.

DSC00029.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments, its nice to have a saw for all occasions. I don't know about getting rid of the 441. The 460 would be too close to the 660 and I really like the 441. The week before I got my 660 I used the 441 with a 28" bar to work up a 40" dbh oak and I was really impressed with the way it handled it. I want to open the muffler up on the 441 soon, I just can't figure out the best way. Any ideas anybody?

Steve

Thanks for the nice comments, its nice to have a saw for all occasions. I don't know about getting rid of the 441. The 460 would be too close to the 660 and I really like the 441. The week before I got my 660 I used the 441 with a 28" bar to work up a 40" dbh oak and I was really impressed with the way it handled it. I want to open the muffler up on the 441 soon, I just can't figure out the best way. Any ideas anybody?

Steve

No they are not in that close. In the cut with biggers bars the 660 with DP Cover walks all over the stock 460.

found this today in the barn, I have been walking past it every day for 3 years and never noticed it buried under a pile of junk

101_5338.jpg

101_5340.jpg

Jbuck, I agree the 660 has it all over the 441/460 with a big bar. My Stihl dealer installed the DP cover before I even picked it up. I have a big tree coming up to take down and work up. I will be glad to get the 660 out and break her in.

Steve

Nice 14 bars.... Hows your arm?
I was suprised that the old 238se still had 175 psi before it was worked on.
Nice photo of that 262.

Its a hold front handle in right hand hold starter in right, Throw the saw at the ground while pulling the starter job.
I fitted an elastostart from a MS361 on it so that helps a little.
I might just raise the squish a few thou or the roof of the exhaust port another little bit as im not getting the rpms i expected, 13,900 but it puls a 8 pin on a 15" bar really well.

My 242XP has 170 PSI and thats with a new piston and the squish at 0.028"
Should be able to go 0.016" for some easy compression.

Last edited:
Back