Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some photos of a 3 foot Redgum I knocked over on the weekend for a farmer. Large cuts by 3120, small cuts with 5100-S. Unusual in this area to have a Redgum this big and no termites. I'm going to slab this when my GB mill finally gets here :censored: Been ordered for around 4 months...

11042009164.jpg

11042009168.jpg

11042009171.jpg

11042009176.jpg

Nice, first time i ever seen a red gum. Neat looking tree. bark is really interesting.
Kind of resembles the bark of a Sycamore the way it's peeling.
Yes it certainly does, but they aren't even closely related. :cheers:

Yeah Redgums are beautiful trees. This one's only a baby and was planted by the farmer in the early 70's. Must have been getting watered well when young because they'd rarely get this big in that amount of time.
Cut another Redgum down for him on another property that was nearly 4 foot. Made a bit of a mess of the stump when dropping it. Got a few angles wrong on the cut so looks like a butcher had a go at it. Unfortunately didn't get too many photos of the top half of the tree but it wasn't as nice as the other tree. The top had been pruned out a long time back so was a bit ugly...
10042009154.jpg

Also helps to have a tractor like this to shift the stumps :)
11042009181.jpg

got 2 pieces that size, would have liked the whole tree. was in my neighbours yard he has no idea where it came from was just sittin there when he bought the house.

Latest posts

Back