Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my second Stihl blk57 army version, which are plenty around in europe.
I bought it last week on a flea market together with its storage box. I didn't need it but it was built in the same year as myself, so it had to be a good one, hehe.... Also, she is completely original.

I had no spark, so I proceeded cleaning the points and replacing the condensor, but it decided suddenly to go out with a big baaaannnnng... :censored:

I took me quite some time to find the cause : a coil/condenser wire rubbed the flywheel (my mistake) and shut off the ignition.

This saw is mechanically nearly perfect but it's a difficult starter, although a smooth runner once smoking. I suspect the reed valves to bit a bit stiff.

blk57asmall.jpg

blk57gsmall.jpg

blk57plate.jpg

Last edited:
Now your not that old are ya Roland!!!!!!!!
Congrats on a nice saw,

Bill G is gonna be jealous of you.

Lee

Haha, not really old like Tommy Hall, but ya know, rather experienced, handsome and certainly wiser than in my younger days :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

tant no way Bill getting jealous of me ... I'd prefer to meet you guys one day and run some friendly competition with the oldies, knowing that I would win of course...:cheers:

Last edited:
Another beauty of a saw Belgian, You really have a super collection. What size chain is on it, Looks like a monster chain.

Thanks SS. My collection is not really special, but I have fun restoring the ones I have, and that's what really matters for me. It's a great hobby.

That chain is a typical Stihl scratcher chain, but not really heavy compared to the ones on two man saws. In fact, this chain is rather narrow and quite light. It cuts rather slow and leaves very small chips, similar to a handsaw.

blkchain.jpg

Last edited:
a chilly day out at the bike trails (is it march or june?!??!), so amber stole my sweatshirt... then my toy...

33y6zup.jpg

My 441 and 260 when they are clean.
At this moment, they are both dirty as sin.
They'll get cleaned up before they get put away.

Gregg, brother... You must be rich! Owning not only one, but two of the highly sought after "Wild Things":cheers:

LOL, Yes alot of money in them honeys:dizzy: Only one is actually a Wild Thing, the other has the colors though. All of those saws were junk basket cases that I salvaged, except the 3400 on top and the 385xp, bought them new. I know, alot of you Stihl guys probably think there ALL still basket cases:) But they run great and cut alot of wood.

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back