Chainsaw pressure test tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do the top left 2 fit and the plate on the bottom right? I am interested in a purchase or part numbers so I can find these locally. I may try my Stihl dealer for some help also.

I'm gonna just make my own as I go, don't get that many saws that need testing and they're all different kinds anyway...I think I'd be better off just sticking on one kind, maybe the Stihl 290, 390 since nobody seems to like to work on them...

What do the top left 2 fit and the plate on the bottom right? I am interested in a purchase or part numbers so I can find these locally. I may try my Stihl dealer for some help also.
top left 2 have a total of 3 different bolt spacings so they fit most carbs, top right 4 pieces is what fits the 555, 562, 2258, 2260....if i remember correctly the intake pieces are the same for the 545, 550, 2252, 2253 but the exhaust block off plate is different

Do the carb block offs have check valves in them or do you need to block the air nipple if you pressurize from a different hole?

Echo makes both of those....$8.99 on the 10mm one, and $8.99 for the 14mm one.

Everything pictured comes to $155 so last nights guess was pretty close

View attachment 513328

thats a dang good deal i would jump on it if i didnt already have those tools. that second tool to the top right does about 75% of stihl units and ton more of other brands also. i paid 200.00 for my mity vac years ago from the local auto parts store

you can also use the mity vac to test the push mower carbs that has the primer on the front to see if its not priming fron carb problems or primer/primer gasket problems

There are several different pressure/vacuum test kits available for chainsaws on eBay, including OEM.

I ended up making my own using a blood pressure bulb, a few feet of rubber hose, a tee fitting and a pressure gauge. You can also make the vacuum gauge by adding a small shutoff valve and not using the bulb, you provide the suction, a normal person can easily do the 6hg or whatever they call it..I made a few sets of plates using aluminum with inner tube rubber glued to one side using rubber adhesive.

I usually just make as needed from 3/8 or half-inch aluminum plate. drill a couple bolt holes. drill the center hole and tap it for a screw in barb fitting if you want to. Sometimes you can add second or third mounting holes to one plate. Eventually you get a wide variety for intake and exhaust. It doesn’t take that many different plates to fit normal stuff. I use innertube rubber material if you can still find inner tubes. My low pressure gauge died so I’ve been using an old style fuel pump pressure/vacuum gauge that goes to maybe +10 psi and -30 inches mercury. Can you flip the blood pressure bulb around and go vacuum with it? I have an ancient mighty vac.

Mine doesn't do vacuum but I usually don't have to do vacuum. The old ones I work on can usually be diagnosed pretty quickly with just pressure. I have an old vacuum pump that I can use if absolutely necessary, have to hook up an air tank to it then adjust the pressure down to get the right amount of vacuum. I used to use it to vacuum out air conditioners, haven't used it in a while..

Back