Chainsaw pressure test tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine doesn't do vacuum but I usually don't have to do vacuum. The old ones I work on can usually be diagnosed pretty quickly with just pressure. I have an old vacuum pump that I can use if absolutely necessary, have to hook up an air tank to it then adjust the pressure down to get the right amount of vacuum. I used to use it to vacuum out air conditioners, haven't used it in a while..

I usually only use a pressure, H20 and soap for bubbles for chain saws. I do use the vac side mostly on automotive vac lines, bleeding brakes and testing vac diaphragms for slow leaks though. (nice to have vac readily available when it's needed)

I just take time out and knuckle down and make all my block off and injection plates from 1/4 inch aluminum plate or 1/8 inch steel and I have some red rubber 1/4 inch thick soft red rubber gasket material. I keep the plates labeled as too which saws they fit and separated in zip loc bags in my chainsaw tools.

Crap I have put together. Tear off a small piece of duct tape to cover intake and exhaust ports before placing gasket and plate on. Some saws will hold vacuum until you release, like this 385 in for a once over. Matt said it was getting harder to start and seems down on power. Compression is around 125-130, will install new rings and see howIMG_7925.JPG IMG_7926.JPG IMG_7927.JPG that goes. Piston and cylinder are in great shape and wet inside. Built this saw about 5 years ago and looks like he is taking fairly good care of it, did blow a lot of crud off of it. Tank vent is clear and fuel flows freely, exhaust is clear. Some plates can be multiple saws, just drill different holes.

i used to make my own plates. now with the strato charge crap making your own block off plats is getting hard

i used to make my own plates. now with the strato charge crap making your own block off plats is getting hard
I try to not mess with the strato stuff. I also try to avoid buying them when I go to yard sales, etc. I usually try to label my plates so I won't have to hunt too much. Right now I'm only doing Stihl so not too difficult.

I sure as heck would. But then I am anally retentive about my tools.

Going to clean it this weekend. I finally got the side cabinet for my tool box to put all my tools in blown mold cases in. Now have to figure out how I’m going to rearrange it. Tried to upload pic of tools box but it’s saying pic is too big, First time this had happen :nofunny:

Going to clean it this weekend. I finally got the side cabinet for my tool box to put all my tools in blown mold cases in. Now have to figure out how I’m going to rearrange it. Tried to upload pic of tools box but it’s saying pic is too big, First time this had happen :nofunny:
I downloaded an image resizer but haven't had to use it much. Tried it a minute ago and can't get it to work right since changing to Windows 10.

Back