Chainsaw won't fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we make it take your 1gal (say) mix gallon and pours some into a free or $1 spray bottle.
bingo 2stroke test fuel safe as moms arms.
go easy on the amount sprayed.
if this fails
compression is bad. (way way too low) my oldest law mower does 100psi. and runs, these saws can do 150.
spark is dead
sadly like on cars we cant use a timing light easy, but is possible with a 12vdc battery. (now cool is that)
spark is not timed right (fly key wrecked)
there are stores that sell this mix but is costly , gee make our own.
I just pour it right out of my fuel can in to a squirt can like the tin man on Wizard of Oz.

Don't know where you would even buy starter fluid that does not have upper cylinder lubricant.
I was thinking of carb cleaner instead of starting fluid. I see lots of guys priming saws with non-mixed fuel or carb cleaner and buying starting fluid instead of just using a fuel/oil mix.
I keep a 50:1 2 cycle fuel mix in a primer bottle when testing 2 cycles.
Maybe they just don't have time to do the mixed fuel or don't have a primer bottle and since it's labeled starting fluid it should start.

Good eye SteveSr about the gas spraying out the muffler.

When a chainsaw is flooded that much it's not user friendly to get it un-flooded for a dry start test. I've even seen guys blame low compression when all that was wrong was flooded.

Latest posts

Back