Chainsaws after an EMP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep a few 30" bow saws and some extra blades on hand as well as a hand water pump that could be installed to replace the electric one using hand tools. And a small generator that will run to keep the fridge and freezer cold on a gallon a day or less. Maybe long enough to dry some of the food in the freezer. And, of course, some firearms. Just sayin'

They have run simulations of nuclear war, wich causes emp discharges. Nun will survive so the point of worry is mute.
There has been R&D into weapons exclusively for EMP, not ground damage.
The 1962 Starfish Prime test by the US damaged phone lines and microwave transmitters 900 miles away in Hawaii. Charged particles from the test remained trapped in the ionosphere, damaging satellites for five years afterwards(!).
The Soviets also tested EMP weapons in 1962 with the Project K test. The EMP destroyed hundreds of miles of power and telephone cables and set the local power plant on fire.
Keep in mind this was at a time with no micro circuitry and very few transistorized circuits.

They have run simulations of nuclear war, wich causes emp discharges. Nun will survive so the point of worry is mute.

I don't buy the whole "nobody will survive nuclear war" Chicken Little BS. That's propaganda cooked up by our potential adversaries in Moscow, Pyongyang and Beijing ("Resistance is futile so don't even think about trying to intimidate us!") and by their silly little "useful idiot" helpers in the global disarmament lobby ("We have a thousand times more bombs than we need to destroy teh Universe, so let's scrap 99.9% of them!!!1!1!!1!")...whom they covertly and lavishly fund through their intelligence services, by the way...

Plenty
of people would survive. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that "most" would survive.

I suspect it would take 100 if not 10,000 times as many warheads as there are on the planet right now to kill even "most" of all humans. The Earth is a big place, and I don't think humans are as fragile ("We're all gonna diiiiiiiiiiie!") or as all-powerful ("It's gonna set the atmosphere on fire and then consume the Universe...I am become Shiva, destroyer of worlds...") as some would have us believe...

If you even believe the usa has 1/4 of the nukes we claim to have, it would be game over for life on earth. Let alone what the rest of the world has. Chances of everyone launching nukes is pretty much zero, so really nothing to worry about at any rate.

I don't buy the whole "nobody will survive nuclear war" Chicken Little BS. That's propaganda cooked up by our potential adversaries in Moscow, Pyongyang and Beijing ("Resistance is futile so don't even think about trying to intimidate us!") and by their little "useful idiot" helpers in the global disarmament lobby ("We have a thousand times more bombs than we need to destroy teh Universe, so let's scrap 99.9% of them!!!1!1!!1!")...whom they covertly and lavishly fund through their intelligence services, BTW...

Plenty
of people would survive. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that "most" would survive.

I suspect it would take 100 if not 10,000 times as many warheads as there are on the planet right now to kill even "most" of the humans on Earth. It's a big place, and I don't think humans are as fragile ("We're all gonna diiiiiiiiiiie!") or as all-powerful ("It's gonna set the atmosphere on fire and then consume the Universe...I am become Shiva, destroyer of worlds...") as some would have us believe...
What are going to eat in the 3-5 years of continuous winter…….not to mention all the radiation. So no not everyone will instantly be vaporized. But everything in the big city’s will be. The rest will die slowly

It was a soft, warm night, with just a hint of mist in the air.. Suddenly.. There was a purple glow.. Just over the horizon. Instinctively, I grabbed my cell phone, to take a picture.. But the purple light quickly faded from view. But WTF?? My cell phone screen was blank!! I knew that it wasn't the battery, as I'd charged it before leaving the house, to head for my Chainsaw shed.
I stopped by my truck on the way to the shed, to see if there was anything on the radio. WTF.. again!! My remote wouldn't talk to the doors?!? It'd been years since I'd actually used the key in the lock, to get in the truck, so, it took a bit of jiggling, and a squirt of WD-40 from the tool box in the back, to get the door open.
Nothing!! Nada!! Ziltch!! The truck was deader than my Ex's Vag.. And that's cold !!
I couldn't stop my "Spidey Sense" from tingling.. I tried to deny it to myself, but I knew, deep down, that it was an E.M.P. Some "bad actor" had let off what is also called a "Pinch Device", and the world was never gonna be the same..
There was only one thing left to do..
Go to the Chainsaw shed, get the Stihl out of the Faraday cage, made from tacked together microwave doors, and do my best to prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse....

There.. O.K... It don't get no more ridiculous than that, does it.. Can we stop this before it gets worse..
" The truck was deader than my Ex's Vag.. And that's cold !!"

Bro....hahahahahahahahahahaha

How do you tell if the oil is no good?
supposedly Dino oil has a roughly 5 year shelf life and synthetic is 7-8 years. It breaks down over time just like fuel, jut not typically as fast. In a pinch, since we're talking worlds end here you'll run out of a usable fuel source before you'll have to worry about oil in a can being bad.

supposedly Dino oil has a roughly 5 year shelf life and synthetic is 7-8 years. It breaks down over time just like fuel, jut not typically as fast. In a pinch, since we're talking worlds end here you'll run out of a usable fuel source before you'll have to worry about oil in a can being bad.
I agree but about the shelf life. How do you tell if an oil is no good?

Back