Chinesium

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be possible to take 2mm out of the squish band, then use a thick base gasket to allow use of that piston? lots of work, I know.

How about this piston?
https://www.dlastore.com/e_store/pi...55-d-500-510-p522-s-star-55-45mm-8540960.html
The piston could be made to work with machining to both it and the cylinder, but that's not what I'm after. I was really hoping we could have been able to tell Hyway "cut xx off of the skirts and sell it as a PS-5xxx piston". As for the Alpina Meteor, it does look promising.

I'm pretty sure that pistons are Mechanical. What ever happen to ONLY OEM for Mechanical parts? If you violate your own RULE and install this, it will blow up and kill you, and every living soul in a 25 mile radius. You have been warned! :)

I'm pretty sure that pistons are Mechanical. What ever happen to ONLY OEM for Mechanical parts? If you violate your own RULE and install this, it will blow up and kill you, and every living soul in a 25 mile radius. You have been warned! :)
This will be for my use only. I wouldn't send it out the door with Hyway in it.

Also, I've used Meteor pistons. There is a pretty big leap in quality between the products we're talking about here. But it doesn't make a good argument if you understand it, does it Bill?

The taller width between the top of the ring groove to the top edge of the piston allows more room to port the top of the piston to the exhaust port and transfer ports.
The intake port is ported on the side of the piston.

Not even gonna try and figure that one out. You're effin' weird dude...

So, I'll ask again and hopefully we can get this back on the rails. Anyone with experience with other pistons in the Dolmar saws?

Why don't you just admit that you are full of it, and leave it at that. Reversing your OEM Only position, and then making BS excuses don't fool nobody.

Not even gonna try and figure that one out. You're effin' weird dude...

So, I'll ask again and hopefully we can get this back on the rails. Anyone with experience with other pistons in the Dolmar saws?

I don't remember saying that. It doesn't make sense. I use some aftermarket. Just not the bottom of the barrel Amazon stuff. One of us mis-understood.

But I flat out did call you dense for choosing Amazon over OEM top ends on a 350 Husky to save $15. And I'll stand by that.

I tell yah what Bill. I've got a good mix of OEM and AM parts that I'm going to be testing on a 2152 on this thread since it looks like my Dolmar plans have sputtered. When I'm finished, I'll offer to put it together for you with whatever mix of parts you'd like. But no matter what you choose the price will be based on if I'd have used all OEM parts. You in?

Not surprisingly, YOU got it wrong. But you have your mind all made up, so ANYTHING I say will be totally missed and at a future date misstated.

I don't remember saying that. It doesn't make sense. I use some aftermarket. Just not the bottom of the barrel Amazon stuff. One of us mis-understood.

But I flat out did call you dense for choosing Amazon over OEM top ends on a 350 Husky to save $15. And I'll stand by that.

There are some very cheap chinese 45mm pistons on ebay. It might be worth spending $10 just to see if one of them would work.
I couldn't bring myself to trust the ring locating pin to not pop out consistently or the poorly cast skirts not to grenade build after build with a $10 piston. I mean, I can show you how to cobble together a cheap a$$ saw but I'd like to find a viable option for a dependable build on the Dolmars. As many of them that spun bearings or leaned out you'd think meteor would produce pistons. But then it would still need a gasket. I was really thinking with the popup it might sniff 200 psi without machine work. Most of them I've seen stock blow 180+

I couldn't bring myself to trust the ring locating pin to not pop out consistently or the poorly cast skirts not to grenade build after build with a $10 piston. I mean, I can show you how to cobble together a cheap a$$ saw but I'd like to find a viable option for a dependable build on the Dolmars. As many of them that spun bearings or leaned out you'd think meteor would produce pistons. But then it would still need a gasket. I was really thinking with the popup it might sniff 200 psi without machine work. Most of them I've seen stock blow 180+
Not suggesting you do a build with a 6 dollar piston. It would merely be useful to determine what model saw had a piston with dimensions that would be useful to you. Once this is discovered, you could then purchase a good quality piston for that particular model.

It's on my mind. I promised I'd give these popups a fair shakedown first. I've got a 2152 with good OEM piston and cylinder, a new hyway jug with flat top and popup pistons. Lots of combos to keep me busy for the immediate future.

Latest posts

Back