Is it possible??? 3/8 low-profile chain on old Echo CS-330EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful - I don't know of any rim sprocket that is 3/8 Lopro (picco) Maybe someone knows better. 3/8 Lopro should be a spur drive. Rim sprockets can be 3/8 or .325, and can be 7 tooth, 8 tooth, or 9 tooth. There are also 3 different inner spline sizes - just to make things more complicated.

How bout just buy a new sprocket like the one that came on the saw and pair it with the bar/chain the OP wanted to buy in his first post?

If thats too easy, we can ponder all the potential options and confuse the crap out of ourselves.

Be careful - I don't know of any rim sprocket that is 3/8 Lopro (picco) Maybe someone knows better. 3/8 Lopro should be a spur drive. Rim sprockets can be 3/8 or .325, and can be 7 tooth, 8 tooth, or 9 tooth. There are also 3 different inner spline sizes - just to make things more complicated.
Example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/222842247239

I have found one rim that is 3/8 LoPro for sure. GBR7L7 by GB (Australia). Not easy to come by stateside, unless it's sold as a private-label deal under a different brand. This might be the rim that comes with the Rotary 12045 drum I mentioned earlier, but I have yet to confirm it. It's a STANDARD spline rim, apparently.
GBR7L7_3-8thsLP_rim_sprocket.jpg

I spoke to a guy at Oregon tech and he said he's pretty sure that their 18720 rim is LoPro. The Oregon catalog doesn't really specify, but 18720 has a SMALL spline bore, so it would make sense since small hub >> small saw >> small chain. The tech wasn't too positive about it, so he's going to have "the old guy" call me and hopefully sort it out.

The rim sprocket above (Stihl 0000-642-1240) is indeed 3/8LP, but it is a MINI spline, which won't fit my saw. As I understand it, the MINI spline size is exclusive to Stihl and won't fit any other brand -- as of now, anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I have found one rim that is 3/8 LoPro for sure. GBR7L7 by GB (Australia). Not easy to come by stateside, unless it's sold as a private-label deal under a different brand. This might be the rim that comes with the Rotary 12045 drum I mentioned earlier, but I have yet to confirm it. It's a STANDARD spline rim, apparently.
View attachment 1205838

I spoke to a guy at Oregon tech and he said he's pretty sure that their 18720 rim is LoPro. The Oregon catalog doesn't really specify, but 18720 has a SMALL spline bore, so it would make sense since small hub >> small saw >> small chain. The tech wasn't too positive about it, so he's going to have "the old guy" call me and hopefully sort it out.

The rim sprocket above (Stihl 0000-642-1240) is indeed 3/8LP, but it is a MINI spline, which won't fit my saw. As I understand it, the MINI spline size is exclusive to Stihl and won't fit any other brand -- as of now, anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Great info - thanks! I've never seen a rim that was 3/8 LP.

Latest posts

Back