Craftsman top handle red version of Poulan 25, with powersharp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin j

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So I bought off CList (because my first free given to me saw was a poulan 25 pos) a red Craftsman top handle that seems to be a rebadged 25. Picked it up and it has the powersharp clutch cover. and a pretty good stone (Has a regular chain, to be expected, as they didn't work very well).

Model 358.352151 is not listed in Acres or Oregon, but I assume it is because the powersharp gave it a unique number.

I'd like to get it going, just because, but will be a shelf queen, not for working.

Q's:
1. Which Poulan version is it? I haven't spent much time on Acres, could figure it out, but figured Mark or someone would know right off.
2. How common was the powersharp version?
3. Recoil plastic hub is broken. What will fit, or not fit? So many versions of the 25's. Are there any metal versions of the hub? Irony, I gave away two 25's last fall that I had for 10 years. They weren't the same as the one I had, so figured I'd never get them going. Now I wish I had the parts.
4. Will the new Oregon PowerSharp (with the plastic thing at the tip) chain work on this? Appears to be 3/8 LP .043 52 DL. Are the bar tip radius vs. sprocket radius vs. tooth shapes such that it could work?

No pics yet. will add tomorrow.

ae6941db5ec1201047f5f32982186a65.jpg
NOS version

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

jj thanks but not looking to add to the flock.
would like to get an old powersharp chain and recoil hub though.

pics today.

That saw is like a 25D far as I can tell. Notice I said "like" rebadged saws are not always identical to the Poulan versions. Seems the Power Sharp on these were much more common on the Sears/Craftsman saws.

It clearly says 2.1 so its not Super and probably a manual oiler only.

I have new and used recoil pulleys and I might have a power sharp chain. Did you get a roller nose bar with it?

Latest posts

Back