Dilemma....Echo 70cc vs Clone 90cc saw. What would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More power is subjective, I think. Echos usually lack chain speed in the high end bands, which can translate to less power. An example is the cs680, at 66.7cc with a 20 inch bar it'll most likely cut behind an ms261 in 12 inch wood but the same saw will still pull a 36 inch bar , buried better than an ms400. Just depends on how you run the saws. I find Echo saws a pleasure to run, even after running all the other latest and greatest Stihl and Husqy stuff. Some people hate them. I talked to a guy the other day who hates Stihl and loves Echo, most likely because he learned on Echos. It's subjective.
It will not pull a 36 bar worth a damn and not better than a 400c for certain.
Equating a slow cutting saw to having more torque to pull a longer bar just isn't so. And no 60 or even 70 cC pulls a 3' bar worth a damn is. Hardwood.

It will not pull a 36 bar worth a damn and not better than a 400c for certain.
Equating a slow cutting saw to having more torque to pull a longer bar just isn't so. And no 60 or even 70 cC pulls a 3' bar worth a damn is. Hardwood.
That makes it just an argument. I think you’re wrong. And I’m not running a 36 on mine because I know it’s less than optimal, but I’m sticking with it’ll out pull a 400 on a 36 in big wood. I also know the 400 will smoke it in 20 inch wood. May not have a nice ring for Stihl lovers but the 680 is a different animal if you know how to feed it. The 400 is a speed queen.

Back