Dislocated my shoulder.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diver64's ER visit reminded me of my ER visit over 40 years ago when I cut my left hand in a bow saw incident. By the time I got to the ER, I was in pain. Fortunately, however, I didn't have to fill out any paperwork as the ER attendant quizzed me and wrote my responses for the medical personnel. Though she never really looked at me, as she kept her head down making notes, things were going well until she asks me, "Left hand, right?" to which I respond "Right." She scribbles out her notes and asks, "Right hand, right?" to which I respond, "No, it is my left hand." She again scribbles her notes and repeats "Left hand, right?" to which I again respond "Right." Same result. This conversation cycled yet a third time though not intended by either of us. In a desperate move I unwrapped my wounded hand and stuck it within sight of her bowed head and said, "This one". The poor girl turned white as a sheet and got me immediate attention.

I have injured both of my shoulders and the best advice I can give is get a recliner if you don't have one. Sleeping in a recliner beats a bed before and after surgery. I didn't have one and toughed it out in a fixed chair as it was impossible for me to sleep in a bed absence serious medication.

Hope all goes well for the OP and the rest of you that suffer shoulder injuries.

Ron

Paul Rudd Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Expand your vocabulary next time you get in that conversation: "Correct" is the word of choice when confirming directions left or right.

diver64's ER visit reminded me of my ER visit over 40 years ago when I cut my left hand in a bow saw incident. By the time I got to the ER, I was in pain. Fortunately, however, I didn't have to fill out any paperwork as the ER attendant quizzed me and wrote my responses for the medical personnel. Though she never really looked at me, as she kept her head down making notes, things were going well until she asks me, "Left hand, right?" to which I respond "Right." She scribbles out her notes and asks, "Right hand, right?" to which I respond, "No, it is my left hand." She again scribbles her notes and repeats "Left hand, right?" to which I again respond "Right." Same result. This conversation cycled yet a third time though not intended by either of us. In a desperate move I unwrapped my wounded hand and stuck it within sight of her bowed head and said, "This one". The poor girl turned white as a sheet and got me immediate attention.

I have injured both of my shoulders and the best advice I can give is get a recliner if you don't have one. Sleeping in a recliner beats a bed before and after surgery. I didn't have one and toughed it out in a fixed chair as it was impossible for me to sleep in a bed absence serious medication.

Hope all goes well for the OP and the rest of you that suffer shoulder injuries.

Ron
I'll 2nd the recliner for sleeping after shoulder surgery. It beats the heck out of trying to sleep in a bed.

Latest posts

Back