• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Dolmar 120si (68cc) parting out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl4c

Extraordinarily ordinary
Reaction score
Hello to Everyone:
I have a Dolmar 120si that I don't really need. It's in pieces but it's complete and it looks good cosmetically. All covers, tanks, plastics are complete and unbroken, including the recoil starter. It only needs a couple of items to run:

a) a new piston and set of rings. The original piston was worn very thin on the exhaust side skirt. So thin in fact that a small piece broke off. Never found the broken piece in the crankcase. It doesn't appear to have done any damage, wherever it went.

b) a clutch hub (clutch shoes and spring OK, but the hub has one of the "arms" broken off.
c) new crankshaft seals and cylinder base gasket
d) new crankcase gasket (existing one *may* be OK but why chance it?)
e) new rim sprocket

The carburetor is a Tillotson with fuel loop injection for starting instead of a choke. I'm told this makes for a very easy starting saw.

The original Mahle cylinder has a TINY bit of scuff damage BELOW the exhaust port (perhaps from the broken piston skirt?). Above the exhaust port there appears to be some miniscule scuffing. You can barely feel it, but you CAN feel it. What's above the exhaust port may just be aluminum transfer from the piston. See pictures.

The clutch cover is missing some of its paint and most of its stickers but the brake band is still in one piece. Bar studs are in good shape. Includes a 24" K095 mount bar; well used but still serviceable.

Flywheel, crank and coil appear to be good but of course I have no way of testing the coil. I'm willing to either part out or sell complete. My cell# is 8 zero 1 three 6 eight fifteen ten if you'd rather call than PM.

My name is John.

IMG_1336.jpg IMG_1338.jpg

SOLD
Lot #2-carb, intake boot and manifold $25 + shipping

Note that the little "choke arm" is included, but I'm willing to sell it separately from the other parts.

IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0011.JPG

SOLD
Lot #3-chassis & inboard spike $25 + shipping

Bearings are clean, turn freely and are included.

IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0027.jpg IMG_0028.jpg IMG_0029.jpg IMG_0030.jpg

Lot #4-clutch and clutch drum $10 + shipping (Note the broken "arm" on the clutch hub)

The sprocket needs replacing

IMG_0025.jpg IMG_0026.jpg IMG_0033.JPG IMG_0034.jpg

SOLD
Lot #5 clutch cover $20 + shipping (Note that the guide plate and guide plate screw is missing on this side.)

IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG

SOLD
Lot #6-coil $15 + shipping (If it doesn't work I'll give you a refund, less shipping, simply on your word that it was defective.)

IMG_0021.jpg IMG_0022.JPG

Lot #8-cylinder $20 + shipping (If you don't like how it looks when you receive it, send it back to me for a refund, less shipping.)

IMG_0019.JPG IMG_1338.jpg

Lot #11 oil pump $10 + shipping (includes the oil pump gear from the crankshaft)

IMG_0020.JPG

SOLD
Lot #12-recoil starter $15 + shipping (includes the air duct)

IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG

Back