Echo service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but thought I would share my experience with Echo service. It was fantastic. A very friendly bunch And the best part was the rep was from this country and spoke english I could understand. I had purchased a 4910 in spring and didn't cut a lot with it. Butchered a maple that had uprooted last fall-mainly to try the saw out. It was pretty hot and humid and the mosquitoes were just about able to carry a guy away. The saw ran perfect and I thought it cut well. i put it away until the temps cooled down a bit sometime in early September. One afternoon late I stepped out of the garage and saw an old barkless Ash blow over and land on the mound system. I grabbed the 4910 and put the loader on the 1025r and cut logs small enough to move them of the mound and into the woods. A few days later I got the 4910 out again and started to make them into firewood for a friend. After the fourth cut the saw just wouldn't rev up and had no power and quit when I let off the throttle. When I pulled the filter cover I was shocked to find saw dust piled on the filter about 1/8 inch deep. The filter was totally plugged. Cleaned it and made 3 cuts and it was the same thing. Repeated the regimen and it was slowing dramatically after 2 cuts. Put it away and finished the tree with my 590-no problems at all. Afterwards I pulled the filter cover on the 590 and it didn't really even need cleaning. Contacted Echo the next day and began the process-took it to the dealer with a loaded up filter for inspection etc. After a bit of discussion and trying to make it work to no avail, Echo bought the saw back and I moved on. That ash was super dusty-probably too late to even make firewood. However, there was no problem with the 590 or my little 3510 either. I was very satisfied with Echo's service and the rep. It just felt good to have a good experience with a company for a change. My hat is off to them!

So was it a defect or design flaw? Anyway, I'm glad they made it right, it's always nice to have a good customer service experience.
I don't know the answer to that question. They offered to replace the saw with a 4920 and I asked if they would buy the saw back. And they did. I think given the 4910 is no longer in production, that this is why we ended this way. I also think my approach was beneficial in this case-I tried to work with them and didn't go off or act like a jerk. Mike and I actually had some nice conversation throughout the whole thing. Anyway, I was satisfied with the outcome and replaced the saw with a Stihl 261c-m. So far so good.

Latest posts

Back