Electrolux???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pea

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Did I read on here where several of the cheaper brand chainsaw companys were bought up by Electrolux? Is this the same co that sells sweepers? Or did I just not understand the post. I was just interested to know more about it if. If anyone has time to explain I would like to hear.

Electrolux is also the parent company of ESAB L-tec cutting systems. Wire feed welders & gantry shape cutters.

C-

I don't have the exhaustive, annotative, footnoted, bibliography-included treatise, but Electrolux AB of Sweden has the rights to Husqvarna and Jonsereds chain saws, as well as snatching up Pioneer/Partner, Frontier (came with P/P) & Poulan. They also have the European rights to the McCulloch name, but not in the Americas. As well, Electrolux also owns Frigidaire Home Products, and so controls the rights to Frigidaire, Roper, and a few other lesser names, as well as American yard Products, which is the latter-day name for the old Roper OPE stuff (made a lot of Sears product). Sears used to have controlling interest in the FRigidaire/Roper/AYP thing, but after they nearly went belly up, E-lux still supplies most of Sears OPE stuff.

As an aside, Electrolux had no use for the Husky motorcycle line, selling that name to Cagiva, of Italy. I have no idea about sewing machines and firearms.

eyolf and bwalker,
Thank you both for the answer. You both new a lot. Thats one thing about this site. You can find answers from people who know what they are talking about.
Thanks

Elux own Husky, Johnsey, Ppoulan, Partner & Pioneer. :confused:

Ryobi bought Homelite consumer products. Jerry B Leach in S. Carolina, a old homelite dealer, bought the rights to the pumps and cut-off saws. I talked with him and he is going to be producing pumps, but unsure about cut-offs saws.

I made MVP on that silly question? I have now reached a
level of fame I thought I would never attain, I will party hard
tonight.

Fish
WOW over 500 posts.Now you are impotent,or did I mean important.
Drink one for me.
Later
Dan

pea,

I think most of these buy outs occured in the very early 80s. They eventualy eliminated Pioneer, Partner, Trail and maybe others.

I have a collection of rifles made by Husqvarna, military and sporting. I think the Husqvarna name goes back to wooden sailing ships cannon, but that may just be the name of the city not the current company.

Yes, they were the vacuum sweeper ans sewing machine people. I've heard they no longer own the Husqvarna name for products in the U.S. I was told they licensed it to someone else.

I do not view them as the "Evil Empire"; they have done well, eliminating some week brands and bringing us state of the art stuff today.

I sell Jonsered, Efco/Olympyc), and Solo.

heck i didnt know they owned efco an mac. ill have to look at some an see if they are copies of the poulan machine also. heck if the own frigidare . they put out a whole pg of appliances etc .
i think. :cool: :eek:

There's been enough chatter in lots of threads...At least Dagger swears that Elux doesn't own EFCO, although they do have the <b> European </b> rights to McC.

I'll bet he's right on that point. If you look up the EFCO site and find the corporate stuff you'll see some info about an Asian investment group, not a Swedish one.

Latest posts

Back