Extra piece on bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithandstef

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Good morning. I can’t find anything on this and I’m curious. Why do some bars have a connection between the top and bottom of the bar at the very back end by the mounting holes? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2726.png
    IMG_2726.png
    487.4 KB
  • IMG_2725.png
    IMG_2725.png
    389.7 KB
Just a guess as I have never given it much thought. I would say different applications/saws. Some have 1 bar lock nut and a guide/support stud. Others have 2 bar lock nuts. The picco's that I have worked on only have 1 lock nut and a guide/support stud. jmho :cool:

Just a guess as I have never given it much thought. I would say different applications/saws. Some have 1 bar lock nut and a guide/support stud. Others have 2 bar lock nuts. The picco's that I have worked on only have 1 lock nut and a guide/support stud. jmho :cool:

Thanks for responding. Ya just not sure. The standard bar for my 025 has no support stud and it’s a dual lock nut system. My MS182 is a single nut and also no support stud. I also can’t see it being a 325 vs 3/8 thing as I’ve seen the support on some 325 bars and not on others. Weird

Latest posts

Back