Factory reset for Stil FS131 "LA" screw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elric

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I finally fired up my month-old new FS131, nice auto-cancelling choke.

But I think I erred in adjusting the "LA" screw [idle speed] by not letting it come up to operating temperature. No, I _DID NOT_ touch the H or S screws. To reset the LA screw to factory, I >assume< you screw it in all the way, then back out a certain number of turns.

It doesn't want to idle nicely after I diddled the LA screw, you need to either feather it to idle it, or just use it at operating speeds. It wouldn't hurt me terribly to have the dealer re-set the LA, if that is what needs to be done. The instructions say if the head turns at idle, turn the LA screw CC until it stops rotating at idle, then continue another 1/2 to 3/4 turn CCW.

I finally fired up my month-old new FS131, nice auto-cancelling choke.

But I think I erred in adjusting the "LA" screw [idle speed] by not letting it come up to operating temperature. No, I _DID NOT_ touch the H or S screws. To reset the LA screw to factory, I >assume< you screw it in all the way, then back out a certain number of turns.

It doesn't want to idle nicely after I diddled the LA screw, you need to either feather it to idle it, or just use it at operating speeds. It wouldn't hurt me terribly to have the dealer re-set the LA, if that is what needs to be done. The instructions say if the head turns at idle, turn the LA screw CC until it stops rotating at idle, then continue another 1/2 to 3/4 turn CCW.
The LA is just a mechanical idle adjustment, not a jet. Just turn it till it holds idle and the chain don't spin, if that don't work you have a different issue.

Latest posts

Back