2024 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought of that. I left the leaves on the top 2/3 of the plant, plus there are leaves from the Ocoee and squash vines.
Clearing the lower leaves should reduce the chance of powdery mildew too, right?
As long as they have some shade. Early blight is more of a problem here than PM.

Not sure what year.
Alabama native Charles Wilber set world records for the most tomatoes per plant and the tallest tomato plant.

1719656377742.png

He beats my 16 feet Sweet one million for sure!
One year I planted tomatoes on single stakes.
I cut bamboo cane 12 TO 16 feet & bury them 1 inches deep in the ground in a row.
It was for tomatoes, I was thinking I would leave the cane & plant running bean the next year.
I planted the transplant from seeds, they never got higher than 8 inches, I had ordered pato bush tomatoes!

They claim that are s'posed to prune tomatoes, --- I never did cause it would take a chainsaw and 2 weeks to prune mine!
Also mlch them with red plastic, to make them grow better.
WWe never did any of the tricks, no egg shells, feed them back to the hens after baking them.
No corn mill, just a little lime to bring the 4/5pH up to 6.0/6.5 & animals waste.

Why aren't my tomatoes turning red?

The plants look very good, nice color and size, no insect damage, plenty of green tomatoes in various sizes.
I picked one this morning that was pinkish in color, but one side was split and there was what looked like a worm hole.
I put it in the tad tank to see if they would eat it.
Because they ain't ready yet :ices_rofl:

What is satisfaction worth? You love it right?
I do. But that's a question I ask myself every year. :p

I think I got it right this time though... the size of my garden, and the addition I'm working on, is a good size for me.
I have almost zero weeds to pull because I make good use of the space. đź‘Ť

We finally got much needed rain this week. 1/2 inch Wednesday evening and 1.5 last night. Been running drip lines daily but not the same as good ol rain. Even with the drip, green beans have been slow to come up. Limas came up good. Looks like picking zucchini,pickles and cucumbers this week. Maybe some peppers too.

We finally got much needed rain this week. 1/2 inch Wednesday evening and 1.5 last night. Been running drip lines daily but not the same as good ol rain. Even with the drip, green beans have been slow to come up. Limas came up good. Looks like picking zucchini,pickles and cucumbers this week. Maybe some peppers too.
It's gotten pretty dry here too the past couple of weeks.
I've been watering the garden early in the morning every other day this week.
This morning we had some rain, and it's overcast, but still going to be hot and dry the coming week.

Another good decision I made about garden location is paying off - I wanted it near the water spigot. đź‘Ť

Back