Factory Settings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Does anyone out there know what the factory settings are for a 045 AV Stihl with a Tilitsen Carb? I just put a new kit in the carb but didn't get the High and Low settings. I counted the turns prior to the rebuild but not sure they are right. Thanks "the Hoosier"

settings..

hey i haven't rebuilt many saw carbs, but i know a that on a lot of two strokes your starting point is out a turn and a half..from there you can fine tune it by feeling how the saw is running.
Sorry i couldn't help ya out more, Luke

Dunno about any saw built in the last 2 years, but Stihl saws have for the most part always been one turn out on every one I've ever seen.
Many 2-cycles are 1 1/4 turns out but Stihl is 1 turn out.

Whatever the stock settings may be, they don't really mean anything. You have to adjust them correctly for your saw. As long as it'll start, get it running and fiddle with the mixture screws. You want the idle speed set for max smoothness and the high speed set on the rich side.

hoosier,
stihl recommends, from the slightly seated postion,1-1 1/4 open for the idle speed mix and 1-1 1/4 to 1-1 1/2 open for the high speed mix. clean the air filter and make your final adjustments when the saw is warm.
marty

Latest posts

Back