Flame thrower redbud

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pzam2008

Reaction score
Hello. I have a two year old redbud tree that died completely up top. My boyfriend suggested pruning under the dead part which left the main leader short. I’m trying to train a new leader that sprouted this year from near the bottom. Should I cut the one and only other branch? It makes up the majority of the tree now. I can’t figure out how to post a picture.

Hello. I have a two year old redbud tree that died completely up top. My boyfriend suggested pruning under the dead part which left the main leader short. I’m trying to train a new leader that sprouted this year from near the bottom. Should I cut the one and only other branch? It makes up the majority of the tree now. I can’t figure out how to post a picture.
:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Still small. Let it continue to grow and see what happens. I'd leave the central leader as long as it doesn't contaminate the rest of the tree . If it starts to effect other parts of the tree at it's base, remove it.

Ok. Thank you. Is it ok to leave that beach tied to the old leader to encourage upright growth? Otherwise it’s too low and growing straight out. It’s about 7 inches up from the ground.

Back