Flowing the Head

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Reaction score
I was at my sisters house and her better half and I began to get into a conversation I was way over my head. AS a hobby he and my sister Amature race superbikes, they own 7 Ducati's.
He was telling me that if I was to get a saws barrel flowed, intake port opened more, bring up my compresion. bringing it to the piont that the timing of the fuel exsplosion "under stonger compresion" You would be better off burning a higher octane and getting great results.

Then he starts in with burning VPC112 with Torco and I could have one hell of a saw. http://www.twobros.com he also called these guys up to see if they would build a pipe, they want to take it on as a fun job. AM I nuts??

Last edited:
These are exactly the things that our resident "saw gurus" here do to our saws. Good for us.:blob2:

Its true. Porting can provide for imprssive gains with a two stroke if done right. VP c 12 is a great fuel for a two stroke, but vp mr8 is even better as it has a healthy dose of mtbe in it. I doubt two brothers would build you a pipe as they are a four stroke street bike pipe company.

Bwalker

You are right about the bros, but he is good friends with one of the owners, from a call i just made they are breaking into the 2 stroke scene.

What you need to do is have FMF, Pro Circuit or DG build you a pipe (expansion chamber). Got a YZ250 with a Pro Circuit pipe on it just sits now... too bad its probably a little too big to adapt to... well not easily...
This is a "black art" or science- (how ever that goes) to get the tuning just right...
The pipe market for dirt bikes is huge compared to the chainsaw (hot saw) industry.

This is a "black art" or science- (how ever that goes) to get the tuning just right...
Thats what FMF or Procircuit would have you believe. The truth is building a pipe today is as easy as measuring and imputing numbers into a computer. TSR, Blair , GP and others sell software that will compute pipe dimensions. The above mentioned companies use this type of software or just copy ther factory designs which in the case of Honda are almost never bettered. If you want a wicked pipe built for a saw . Contact williams motowerx. I bet they would build you one.

Back