Found Echo CS-60s now what....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that is the one i got.
I will try the teaspoon trick tonight. As i took off the plug cap the entire cap came off the wire.
So i did push it back on but not 100% i am getting spark. Ill try tonight to see.

Thanks,

G

Such as the OP.

Yes that is the one i got.
I will try the teaspoon trick tonight. As i took off the plug cap the entire cap came off the wire.
So i did push it back on but not 100% i am getting spark. Ill try tonight to see.

Thanks,

G

Yup done that at least 10 times in 35 years. My 60S has a small wood screw holding the cap to the wire or at least the winding inside the cap...Bob

Took the spark plug out and grounded it against the plug wall and was getting some spark.
I took a flashlight and looked in and man it is black on the piston.

Anyhew, i went ahead and put in some gas and tried to fire her up and no dice.
I only get about 5 minutes to play at a time so not really a great test of things.

G

selling them

Okay... this was a dumb idea... i have 0 time to play with them.
So far i have taken out the spark plug and seen if there is spart and there seems to be.

Someone come grab these two classics from me for the 60 i paid... i'm in area code 77096
anyone?

G

I personally wouldn't pour a teaspoon of gas in the spark plug hole imo way to much gas. Pour a teaspoon of gas in the carborator and try starting

Okay... this was a dumb idea... i have 0 time to play with them.
So far i have taken out the spark plug and seen if there is spart and there seems to be.

Someone come grab these two classics from me for the 60 i paid... i'm in area code 77096
anyone?

G

I'm near you, & when the CL ad was posted the second time someone here at AS had contacted me about obtaining the CS60 on his behalf.

Well the echo started!
I played with it a bit more but nothing fancy. I think i put enough gas in the tank or try hard enough.
But i went thru the carb like bob and everyone else suggested and it started up... kinda crazy to me.

It would not however stay running that long and it sure did smoke up the place.

So, now what to do.... no one jumped on it and now since i got it running i guess ill keep it.

I could keep it running if i tried real hard with the choke but really... nothing consistent.

And the smoke... is that just from sitting forever? I guess my next move is a carb rebuild? or at least replace the gaskets?

Thanks in advance,

G

My 1969 favorite 60 has a problem. I took out the carb and put it all back together and it runs great until it gets to the high rpm and wants to flutter. Then i realized that the rpm is too high and i need to back it off some. I never heard one scream like that...Bob

points are 'floating' way to go ! danger, too lean, your are right. my kart engine did that right before it threw a rod ! had never runs faster. lol

points are 'floating' way to go ! danger, too lean, your are right. my kart engine did that right before it threw a rod ! had never runs faster. lol

Well did some more tweaking while the saw wasn't running. Then i tried to start it and no go. I saw fuel coming out of the carb. So i knew it was flooded and pulled the plug. Blew it all off and it still wouldn't start. So i pulled the German Bosch plug from a 60S carcass and screwed it in mine and one pull it was screaming again. I looked at the Bosch plug i pulled and it was made in india go figure. Oh well it runs great for only 42 years young :rock: Tomorrow i am going to cut some logs i have down and do a little video....Bob

Back