Gypo takes a real good picture

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbabcock

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Here's a real nice picture that John just sent. 385 KD in a 30" DBH Cherry today.

fcf35ef3.jpg

Ah yes nothing like seeing a good 385 flying some chips :D :D I see that on a daily basis...:) So Gypo hows is that Walkerized muffler..Hopefully mine will be showing up this week :confused: ..

Later Rob..

???? thats a big cherry. Don't see alot around here like that.

Hi Rob, the muffler is fine. It works well with the KD mods. It blasts thru 22 inch frozen hardwood in about 15 seconds.
John

Looks like a good day's work John!
Big Cherry tree, I have not seen one that big around here. Where was it?

Hi Tony, I was working just southeast of Orangeville Ont.

Here was the setup, I had an 8 pin on the 385KD with a new 35RS, gently tickled with 13/64 file and 28 inch bar.
The 066KD had a 7 pin and 25" bar with a new 33RS, gently tickled with a 13/64 file.
The wood I cut on was a 22.5" Black Cherry.
The 066 made the cut in 14.28 sec., while the 385 made the same cut in 14.78.
My observations will be more objective when I use the same bar, chain and sprocket on both saws, which I will do before the weeks out.
Anyone wishing to see the videos can contact me at: [email protected]
John

P.S., in some of the pictures I took today, I was using the saw backasswards for the sake of the camera and the sun, however, it is good to practice using the saw this way.
John

Gypo it's good to hear that the muffler accomodates the mods so well,it looks to me like the 385KD and the 066 would be close if not exact with the same bar,chain and sprocket combo those are some very respectful times either way..I got another question for ya do you nip the corners of the face before you go to the backcut??for some reason I seem to be finding myself doing that all the time lately..:D

Later Rob...

John...In the last pic (066KD) Is that chips flying or did you plow into a nest of the Austrian Harvest Beetle? Inquiring creeps wanna know....Rick

Back